PA roads

conn-e-rot

I haven't found a PA road worth riding yet. I must be missing one somewhere. Any nice stretch of curves is either cluttered with traffic, or has a 35 mph speed limit, or bad pavement.

I rode Ohio 555 last weekend and was moving pretty good right below 78, and ran into fresh chip and seal. I almost slid into the ditch on the other side of the road trying to stop. I can't understand why they would pave a road with that crap.

I can't understand why they would pave a road with that crap.

It's cheap, and will go longer in between resurfacing.

Infuriates me that they would pave a state route with it, but they're doing it.

How about Kentucky or West Virginia for good roads?

There aren't too many bad roads in WV. Kentucky runs the gamut, some good, some bad, all kinds of conditions but WV keeps up their state routes for the most part.

I rode Ohio 555 last weekend and was moving pretty good right below 78, and ran into fresh chip and seal. I almost slid into the ditch on the other side of the road trying to stop. I can't understand why they would pave a road with that crap.

I just rode 555 last weekend too. It was a blast on my 625 SMC, once i got the hang of it.

I love WV roads, they are usually in good shape. In Kentucky stick to the state roads, they are in better shape than the US highways. I think its KY5 that i rode a few months ago south of madison indiana. It was a really fun road with no traffic and glass smooth pavement.

Edited by mgbgt89