Hole in SV1K radiator, what to do?

YSR_Racer_99

Went for a ride yesterday, and when I parked the bike in the garage, there was a steady flow of coolant. I've been seeing drops and smelling it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't track it down. I found that the hole is smack dab in the middle. Don't know if its in the front or back, but the front "fins" look fine. Had the valves adjusted a couple of weeks ago, and I think that something may have been damaged then, but no way to prove it, and the dealership surely wouldn't admit it.

Radiator shop? Stop-Leak? Some of that super duper adhesive from the obnoxious salesman on TV? Dubble Bubble?

If it's plastic collectors on the ends and leaking, difficult to deal with. If it's metal tubes and fins leaking, use some silver solder and a propane torch and flux. Drain first. I've had success silver soldering small pin holes. Radiator repair shop standard practice is often cut/bend/pinch the tube and solder (or braze) off and not use that one row. Or, remove the radiator and take it to a radiator shop. Shouldn't cost too much. You're most likely going to take it off anyway.

edit: I nicked one in a van with the water pump and fan blade. Soldered to fix. Taught me to pull the radiator first.

I've also silver soldered rock strikes to fix. Silver solder works a higher temp than regular solder.

Edited by ReconRat