Hugging a cop causes gun to go off?

idodishez

Hmm. Seeing as it killed her, probably was wearing a shoulder holster and the gun was pointed backwards. Her hand may have gotten on the gun but not sure how she would have fired it. Trigger would have been inside the holster...weird

This story is unfortunate' date=' and I don't mean to shadow the loss of life.. but who in their right mind grabs a police officer from behind?[/quote']

Said he was off duty. Maybe he wasn't in full gear and just referring to him as officer?

It's interesting the story doesn't make mention of the specific location, so it probably wasn't at a club or other public venue. My hypothesis... They knew each other, he wasn't in uniform and, although "holstered," it wasn't in a duty rig.

It's interesting the story doesn't make mention of the specific location, so it probably wasn't at a club or other public venue. My hypothesis... They knew each other, he wasn't in uniform and, although "holstered," it wasn't in a duty rig.

Duty rig or no, what holster would allow trigger access? Even if by some chance it wasn't holstered at all, I fail to see how the trigger got pulled unless her hands were getting frisky and in his pockets.

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

On the other hand, although shi*t happens, regardless of where where her hands were getting frisky, it ultimately was his responsibility to prevent an accidental discharge. However, there's still alot of unknowns so I'm not trying to place blame.