so now im a ninja...

cOoTeR

Does the Ninja have the electronic gizmos like the new R1?

Im not sure what the r1 has but the ninja has lap timer 3-stage traction control (and the option to disable it) 3 power modes and optional abs. A bunch of stuff in the dash like intake temp and gear indicator. Apparently it has an eco mode haven't figured it out though

hell the front design too, looks like a mash of a 600rr and 1000rr

600rr:

2011-Honda-CBR600RR-Front-View.jpg

1000rr:

2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-front-view-07.jpg

They didn't have it in green but all my gear is already black + red. It's not as rounded as the cbr it looks a lil more similar to the 07s. But more aggressive.

Congratulations! That is an awesome bike! Just need to un-detune it eventually to get the full potential. I read somewhere that a it was detuned significantly from the factory.

Yeah from what I've been reading getting the ecu flashed can give an otherwise stock bike 20hp at the wheel. There's a guy on the Zx10r forum claiming with just the flash his bike is 186 at the wheel.

Yeah from what I've been reading getting the ecu flashed can give an otherwise stock bike 20hp at the wheel. There's a guy on the Zx10r forum claiming with just the flash his bike is 186 at the wheel.

Unreal how much HP these liters are getting now. It took $1600 to get my 14 at that same number, and all this guy had to do was flash the stock ecu? On a 10R?! Damn, thats awesome! New S1000RR's are getting big numbers like that too right out of the box. Guess I'll have to abstain from screwing around with these newer 1000's on the road in fear my pride will surely be stomped:D

Nice bike man! Good choice too

Unreal how much HP these liters are getting now. It took $1600 to get my 14 at that same number, and all this guy had to do was flash the stock ecu? On a 10R?! Damn, thats awesome! New S1000RR's are getting big numbers like that too right out of the box. Guess I'll have to abstain from screwing around with these newer 1000's on the road in fear my pride will surely be stomped:D

Ill stomp on your pride with my 9!!!:lol:

:wheeliezx10:

I don't quite understand it but the zx10r had to have its power limited to come into the us but the bmw didn't.

Your son has better taste than you do. Congrats' date=' anyway.[/quote']

Well we both drewled on it. I just couldn't justify spending $6000 more on a used bike.

I don't quite understand it but the zx10r had to have its power limited to come into the us but the bmw didn't.

Manufacturers have to meet a maximum individual and maximum average sound and emission output, plus with the newer ARB (Use to be CARB) EPA standards, the US is more stringent than Europe. BMW does not sell the volume, or as big of range as Kawasaki, so they can be under the maximum average, and allow the S1000RR to be at the maximum individual rating for emissions and noise. BMW does not sell dirt bikes and ATV's which hurts all the Japanese manufacturers average for the company. All of the European manufactures are taking advantage of this in the states...the Japanese company's have to sacrifice across the board.