School me on the Triumph sprint RS

Beegreenstrings

Take me to school. I know nothing but have been wanting a triumph. This one popped up on Craigslist in Cbus and I'm thinking about it.

Visit here http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/ . You should be able to find out a good deal of information. What year?

Fickle. Lots of quirks but I loved mine, but I don't miss it. Fuel injection was quirky, rear wheel bearing needed greased regularly and the sprag clutchs are known to fail, which is costly. The engine was redesigned in 02, as pre 02 had issues with the alternator bearing was going out sending shrapnel into your transmission. The front brake pistons needed cleaned regularly due to dust sticking to them. You can swap the Dayton 675 pistons in to stop this. I could go on and on. Pm me if you'd like. They have tons of personality and are fun bikes.

RS doesn't have the ssa no rear bearing issues. Other than that dime speaks the truth. Oh and the 955 triple is an entirely different beast than a 900 inline 4.

A run of rs's did have sssa due to a fire in 2000 or 2001, that burned the factory to the ground. I don't remember the vin range for the bikes though.