Police Raid at my apartment complex.

Tomcat0403

Wake up this morning and take the dogs out before going to work, and to my surprise there are a bunch of cops in tactical gear and black unmarked cars standing around across the street from my apartment.

They had obviously executed it hours before but there was a guy with a sheriff shirt, one that said Police, and another that said APA (i think) on the back.

I live in a great area up by Little Turtle Golf Course (actually on the course) and this kinda surprises me. Any idea what APA stands for or anyone know someone that could find out what happened?

Adult Parole Authority (APA)

There is hereby created in the division of parole and community services of the department of rehabilitation and correction at bureau level an adult parole authority. The adult parole authority consists of its chief, a field services section, and a parole board. The director of rehabilitation and correction shall appoint the chief of the adult parole authority, one or more superintendents of the field services section, and the chairperson of the parole board, all of whom shall serve at the pleasure of the director and shall be in the unclassified civil service.

The authority is a regular administrative unit of the department of rehabilitation and correction and shall operate under rules adopted by the director. The chief of the division of parole and community services may adopt supplemental rules governing operation of the authority, assigning specific powers and duties to the chief of the authority, and assigning specific functions to sections within the authority.

Adult Parole Authority (APA)

There is hereby created in the division of parole and community services of the department of rehabilitation and correction at bureau level an adult parole authority. The adult parole authority consists of its chief, a field services section, and a parole board. The director of rehabilitation and correction shall appoint the chief of the adult parole authority, one or more superintendents of the field services section, and the chairperson of the parole board, all of whom shall serve at the pleasure of the director and shall be in the unclassified civil service.

The authority is a regular administrative unit of the department of rehabilitation and correction and shall operate under rules adopted by the director. The chief of the division of parole and community services may adopt supplemental rules governing operation of the authority, assigning specific powers and duties to the chief of the authority, and assigning specific functions to sections within the authority.

Sounds like your neighbor may have been a register offender that violated. It takes quite a bit for the parole officers to get someone locked back up in Ohio.