Cheapest place for fork seal replacement near Akron?

ama146

I was planning on sending it to 35 Motosports where it will be $140 for the pair but I need to ship them and it is just a hassle. I would MUCH prefer being able to drop it off somewhere local. Does anyone know any place that will do fork seals on inverted forks for about that same price ($140)? I live in Bath (halfway between Akron and Cleveland), so the closer the better obviously. Thanks for any help.

I was planning on sending it to 35 Motosports where it will be $140 for the pair but I need to ship them and it is just a hassle. I would MUCH prefer being able to drop it off somewhere local. Does anyone know any place that will do fork seals on inverted forks for about that same price ($140)? I live in Bath (halfway between Akron and Cleveland), so the closer the better obviously. Thanks for any help.

PM Pauly (Isaac's Papa on here) @ DucRx.

I'm sure he can take care of it, and he's over in Ravenna, which is reasonably close. Many satisfied customers on here too.

I would make sure you didn't bend anything after your little accident.

What bike do you have, or what diameter are your fork bottoms? I'm in cleveland (east side) so if you ride your bike here and bring the seals and a case of beer (good stuff... like Guinness, Pilsner Urequell) I can do it for ya and show you how to do it. Heck, get yourself some new springs and a valve kit and I'll show you how to do that too. It'll just take a bit more time.

Things you need:

Fork Seals

Fork Oil

copper washer for the bottom of your forks (good to replace but don't necessarily need to)

carb cleaner (this is to clean the insides of your fork. Most dealers don't do this. They just let the old oil drain out and put the new ones in.)

Case of Beer for a jolly good time.

I have the rest of the tools needed depending on the diameter of your fork bottom. I think my seal driver is 43mm.

If it's a 2006 R6' date=' it has 41mm forks. If it's a 2006 R6S, it has 43mm forks. Well, according to RaceTech, anyway. If you guys get together on this, and you need a driver kit for 41mm, let me know. I'll ship it to you to use.[/quote']

I'll probably need a 41mm driver anyways for my 750 project I got goin. If anything, they're not too expensive and I'll just order that and the bleeder tool (cartidge shaft is a pain to grab if you drop it while bleeding the fork. HA!).

Thanks for the offer though! Much appreciated.

What can I say... I like beer. HA! I know I'm not the best there is, but if I can help a fellow out then I will. Especially with today's crap economy.

What kind of work do you do? I may need some help with my project bike this winter.

I would make sure you didn't bend anything after your little accident.

How do I check this? I remember putting the front wheel back on with new tires and the fork where the axle goes through wasn't flush with the spacer. Like the fork leg was slightly twisted to the right.