water in the tank?

MIKE53ALI

after a while of not starting my bike, I tried to start her up. she started but then died after maybe 30 secs. I put the battery on the charger and I hope that's all she needs, but there is a chance water got in the tank, I left the cap unlocked so that the tank could vent (I'm a little paranoid of ethanol in my plastic tank)

I guess my question is.... if there is water in the tank, is there like a syringe style pump to stick a tube all the way down, and draw the water out? I figure if there is water in there it would be in the bottom of the tank.

....I just hope chargin the battery get her goin.....

Yup, remove tank, remove petcock, empty in neighbors lawn, let dry in the sun.

I slosh around some drying agent (isopropyl alcohol works fine) before setting it out. Takes care of any water in nooks and crannies in minutes.

Assemble, fill with fresh gas and go.

Clean your petcock filter while you're at it, and flush it out as it can hold some moisture too.

'03 Falco should have a QD fitting in the fuel line between the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. The fitting on the fuel pump side should have an auto shutoff so the gas does not flow when disconnected...in which case you'd need a extra male fitting and a length of fuel line. Drains faster if you pop the filler cap.

AF1 has a 'kit' if you don't have local access to the fittings

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=893