Not a review.. Just a comment... 675r

Dubguy85

I have done two trackdays so far on my 675R... Right out of the box this thing is pretty freakin set up.. I've dropped my forks to flush (raised my triple tree) and made a few clicks to the ohlins here or there, but for anyone interested in a freakin set up track bike out of the box, this might be the best bike on the market. EVER!

Current mods are, levers, rear sets, case covers, DID 520 chain, sprockets, tires.

I have clip ons, full exhaust, slipper clutch, quick turn throttle, and bodywork coming soon.

Pics of last trackday to come shortly!

These are really great bikes. Totally sex on wheels and the sound... wow.

But, I would say a certain company makes a pretty decent track only machine that might take the "Best out of the box track setup bike" award...

;)

that is a FULL BLOWN race bike.. Clearly that KTM is un real, but at 20K, not very practical for someone just doing trackdays.. Unless of course.. they can afford it. :D then why not!

I'm pretty bummed they didn't have an aftermarket (adjustable) damper, and slipper clutch on the 675r.

ALSO.. PM SENT

I think the mere mortals of the world are probably best served with something 675-esque.

Torque and a forgiving chassis make the bike easier to ride versus something more "surgical" and high-strung (like an R6).

Based purely on anecdotal evidence from the AMA, the R6 is the more capable bike, but the 675 is probably the better tool for the other 99% of sport riders who don't posess pro talent.

I wonder how the 675 would stack up at the club level if more guys raced them. The only person I definitely know of racing a 675 is Brandon, and Scott Rosie, who is mostly retired. But last time I watched Rosey race his 675 (which is a 2006, I believe, and has 12,000 track miles on it, or something ridiculous), he was racing against guys on a 2011 ZX10 and a 2011 S1000RR. He tracked down the kawasaki. I don't think he quite caught the BMW.

**edit - i belive this was the race. http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1943170 Scott only raced because one of the other riders paid his entry fee to ensure they had enough bikes on the grid to collect contingency. ha.

Edited by redkow97

I think the mere mortals of the world are probably best served with something 675-esque.

Torque and a forgiving chassis make the bike easier to ride versus something more "surgical" and high-strung (like an R6).

Based purely on anecdotal evidence from the AMA, the R6 is the more capable bike, but the 675 is probably the better tool for the other 99% of sport riders who don't posess pro talent.

I am definitely a "mere mortal" and among the 99%, and I love my Daytona 675. :bow: I sometimes feel sorry for the bike because I am not worthy.

I heart my R6..... hahahaha.. ok i dont posess pro talent.. and i do love that sound that Kalers 675r makes..

i just wanted to be a post whore for a second

Love my 675 as well, but can't really compare it to anything else. I've ridden other bikes but never at the track. My cousins '07 R6 felt like a 2 stroke to me, there was nothing there till I hit like 12K and then it went like a rocket. And I felt like I was straddling a cow on my buddies gsxr 600. The Daytona is so narrow compared to an i4.

I wonder how the 675 would stack up at the club level if more guys raced them. The only person I definitely know of racing a 675 is Brandon, and Scott Rosie, who is mostly retired. But last time I watched Rosey race his 675 (which is a 2006, I believe, and has 12,000 track miles on it, or something ridiculous), he was racing against guys on a 2011 ZX10 and a 2011 S1000RR. He tracked down the kawasaki. I don't think he quite caught the BMW.

**edit - i belive this was the race. http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1943170 Scott only raced because one of the other riders paid his entry fee to ensure they had enough bikes on the grid to collect contingency. ha.

Brian, my boss, is racing his 675 "RR" (;)) in WERA with multiple wins. Dave Grey and Richard Harris also race their 675R's

• 1 month later...

I picked one up back in June. It's one of the most amazing motorcycles I've ever had the privilege of riding.

Unfortunately I'm still in the break-in period (haven't had enough time to ride this year), so I still have a wee-bit o' chickenstrips left, but those will be gone real soon. I can't wait to ring its neck. :D

183202_958122153867_197809679_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

I picked one up back in June. It's one of the most amazing motorcycles I've ever had the privilege of riding.

Unfortunately I'm still in the break-in period (haven't had enough time to ride this year), so I still have a wee-bit o' chickenstrips left, but those will be gone real soon. I can't wait to ring its neck. :D

Put your forks to flush with the triples, and you will thank me later!

I have done 2 trackdays on it so far, and right out of the box it was pretty dang awesome. I made a few adjustments here and there (like putting forks to flush) and setting sag, changing a little preload and damping etc. But I was running pretty close to the exact same times I was running on my built kawi.

I just got my race bodywork back from paul.

I have a full Akra system, Yoyodyne slipper, apex clipons, gb crash covers, attack rearsets set for gp shift, pit bull damper, lightec axle adjusters, asv shorty levers, race filter, 1050 quick turn throttle (best mod ever for $11), renthal sprockets, DID 520 chain conversion.

So needless to say, its slowly becoming an amazing track weapon.. can't wait to try it out at jennings this winter..

That said.. U MUST bring it to the track.. You will thank me later!

Secrets out! :lol:

1050 quick turn throttle (best mod ever for $11)

+1000, this should be the first mod done to every 675. I dropped over a second per lap at Nelsons after this mod. I didn't have to re-grip the throttle anymore, got much better drives out of corners, and no more arm pump.

+1000, this should be the first mod done to every 675. I dropped over a second per lap at Nelsons after this mod. I didn't have to re-grip the throttle anymore, got much better drives out of corners, and no more arm pump.

Honestly though, what bike shouldn't have a 1/4 or 1/5 turn throttle as the first mod?