RFID credit cards

Gump

pretty much everything about credit cards is insecure IMO. I wiggle card reader on ATM machines to make sure there isnt a skimmer on them and pretty much anytime you hand your card to someone at the store, its possible they are memorizing your number or typing it somewhere. I have held onto customers cards when I worked at best buy for sometimes 5 minutes as they are trying to find rewards cards in their purse or abusing their kids.

I think it would be awesome if NFC phones become popular like google hopes they will. Then you could link your paypal to your phone and just tap the phone on the key pad to pay. No more numbers or physical cards. Everything is out of sight and can be turned off when not in use, unlike RFID. Maybe even require your password for purchases over a certain amount. And if the phone gets lost, just remote wipe it. Sure you will still maybe have the possibility of someone stealing your phone but they are getting pretty secure now. iOS5 is pretty much impossible to crack according to NASA.

If the auto-wipe is turned on, retrieving the encrypted phone data really becomes mission impossible, Even if there's just a eight-digit pin in effect, retrieving the data would take 15 years.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/428477/the-iphone-has-passed-a-key-security-threshold/

Edited by JStump

I wear faraday underwear, and tuck my Visa into my asscrack.

Faraday underoos don't work for me. My antenna is too big. :cool:

I'm familiar with your credit card hiding place. Visa has been crawling up my ass for years.

Edited by Scruit