Athens County/Glouster - Attention drunks - checkpoint tonight, Friday, 7 September

jblosser

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/sep/07/troopers-announce-athens-county-ovi-checkpoint-fri-ar-1163826/

ATHENS COUNTY, Ohio -- The Ohio State Highway Patrol and the Glouster Police Department have announced there will be a checkpoint on state Route 13 in Athens County Friday night.

The OVI checkpoint will be held from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.

The patrol would like to remind anyone who plans to consume alcohol to designate a driver or make other travel arrangements before you drink.

As I've stated before, if you get caught: A) you're a jackass for driving drunk :nono: and B) you were warned, and thus a jackass for not heeding the warning.

Just saw this, not that it matters to me because I live so far away but...

I disagree with warning the drunks at all. Let them get caught! How else are they supposed to learn? By telling them it only tells them not to take a particular route. Which leads them to roads less traveled. Guess where I ride my motorcycle? Yep...on roads less traveled. So it'd be awesome to get hit by a drunk driver only because some "helpful" citizen told him to take the back roads.