WTB: Madden '13

Bad324

Has it gotten any more realistic? I told myself I wasn't gonna buy it this year cuz I got tired of linebackers that jump 12 feet in the air and receivers that drop balls that hit them in the face.

Ask Victor Cruz about that last part. Three drops Wednesday night and one hit him square in the face. Oh or every Browns receiver. Go Browns!

The collision AI is annoying with players falling over each other after a tackle but it is overall more realistic, especially in the passing game. Franchise mode is gone in the traditional sense as well as editing players/equipment and we can't bring over our NCAA 13 draft classes.

The game is, however, a big step in the right direction in a lot of different areas and will hopefully have the missing pieces included in 2014.

The collision AI is annoying with players falling over each other after a tackle but it is overall more realistic, especially in the passing game. Franchise mode is gone in the traditional sense as well as editing players/equipment and we can't bring over our NCAA 13 draft classes.

The game is, however, a big step in the right direction in a lot of different areas and will hopefully have the missing pieces included in 2014.

can you explain a little about Franchise mode being gone? That has been my aboslute favorite part about madden is taking the always shitty Browns and drafting and trading and signing people to make a dynasty :D

can you explain a little about Franchise mode being gone? That has been my aboslute favorite part about madden is taking the always shitty Browns and drafting and trading and signing people to make a dynasty :D

You can still do this as a coach - created or existing + HOF coaches - in the Connected Careers part of the game - very similar to Franchise in the past only you can't select multiple teams like you could last year. You still control the week-to-week and season-to-season aspects of the team like the GM/Coach (rosters/scouting/contracts/etc.) plus you can be fired if you fail to meet their expectations.

The other option in Connected Careers is to play it as a player - created or existing + HOF players - for their entire career. You have to earn your spot on the roster vs. how Madden had been setup in the past few versions where no matter how pathetic your ratings might have been, you were the starter.

The new NCAA is pretty slick, so if they incorporated the same type of game play into the new Madden I would say it is good.

They're supposed to be using the same engine but NCAA is smoother and more enjoyable, IMO.

You can still do this as a coach - created or existing + HOF coaches - in the Connected Careers part of the game - very similar to Franchise in the past only you can't select multiple teams like you could last year. You still control the week-to-week and season-to-season aspects of the team like the GM/Coach (rosters/scouting/contracts/etc.) plus you can be fired if you fail to meet their expectations.

The other option in Connected Careers is to play it as a player - created or existing + HOF players - for their entire career. You have to earn your spot on the roster vs. how Madden had been setup in the past few versions where no matter how pathetic your ratings might have been, you were the starter.

i think I somewhat like the sound of these. If I can get my hands on a copy cheap I might go ahead and get it 3 years in a row. I usually rotate between Madden and NCAA and broke my trend last year due to the Hillis Cover

i think I somewhat like the sound of these. If I can get my hands on a copy cheap I might go ahead and get it 3 years in a row. I usually rotate between Madden and NCAA and broke my trend last year due to the Hillis Cover

I'm like you, too, in trying to help the Browns get better and my solution was to trade Weeden (he was only a 74 after one season) for Tebow, bench McCoy after season # 1 (no improvement in his stats), and made Tebow my starter.

This is working out so far and especially with the deep passes when they work but the running game with Richardson, however, is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...