Kershaw Vapor III Folding Knife

r1crusher

Finally got my vapor. The package took some negotiating with my chive. Bigger than I had expected and holy shit Kershaw is by far the sharpest out of the box. The clip is a tad short for my liking but for $15 shipped ill live with it. My only complaint is its made in China. First Kershaw I've ever bought that wasn't forged, assembled and ground here in 'mmurica.

Haven't been to the mailbox yet, but USPS says my knife is here - ordered 9/20, delivered 9/22 - from Arizona! If this is true, I have to say I'm impressed with the shipping if nothing else!

Edit: Got the knife, no foolin'! Sharp as heck, too, and a pretty good size, bigger than I expected.

Edited by jester3681

has anyone who got one been able to successfully swap the clip from one end to the other? On mine I can't find the right allen wrench to fit, it looks actually as if when the bolts were installed from the factory they overtorqued them as the corners were rounded off before I even tried to get a wrench in. Also, I have one allen wrench which will fit a few of the holes on the six smaller bolts, but it wont fit all of them? Seems like shitty bolts to me. Going to try and see if kershaw will take it back and replace the bolts/switch the clip for me, sucks for a brand new knife.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude I hate you, I just found it too and was like oh nice I'll bump that. JK I secretly love you and cannot wait for mad butt secks.

I still like this knife, haven't flipped the clip yet because I don't have a small enough allen. Need to just stop in sears with both knifes and "borrow" one off the shelf to switch them and put it back :)

I liked the position of the clip for how I carry it - I tuck it into my back pocket, all the wat to the right hand side of the right pocket. This is the same side I keep my radio on at work, so if someone approaches me, I can "have my hand on the radio" when really, it's on the old pokey stick ready to go if need be.

I will say I love how thin this knife is. The CRKT I have is thick and grip is killer, but this thing would be real nice for tighter spaces etc. My EDC knife is still a cheap one from Menards only becasue it seems to fit perfectly.

I got a Wusthof sharpener for our new set of knives and used it on the cheapo, and dang, that is a legit sharpener.