Allstate Premiums

Cdubyah

Just got off the phone with progressive.

My rate went from $278 a year to $579 because.....drum roll please.....I moved to a different zip code.

And it is entirely because I have comprehensive coverage. Employee said there is nothing they can do about it and I laughed and told him how stupid it was. There is no reason for the increase, in fact it should DECREASE because it is now stored in a garage, vs before it sat in the open where any two assholes with a trailer could steal it any day of the week while I was at work.

Funny how my car insurance didnt change.

Holy shit, allstate wants over $1200 a year for full coverage on my bike, and 400 for minimum. Sticking with progressive, dropping to slightly above minimum liability with 2.5k medical for $128/yr. Insurance is such a fucking scam.

Edited by RHill

yep, called in specifically to verify, $300/yr increase for comprehensive on a motorcycle that is maybe worth $3500.

Going by that math, 1 in 11 bikes will either be stolen or get totaled by an animal every year in this zip code. Either that or the owner wrecks them and reports it stolen.

Whatever, only reason I had comp was to cover my ass if it was stolen. I've got renters so it is covered with the garage(what the agent just verified), so I'll drop the comp.

Edited by RHill

did you talk to Jack in cbus? If not, give him a call and he is a site sponsor still I believe. I originally was qouted over $1100 for full coverage on my VFR through allstate but when I called Jack it was under $700 and just dropped since I bought a house

3 things that play heavily on your insurance rates----1)zip code. 2)credit rating.3)driving record. not necessarily in that order. zip code was your killer Ryan and Brian your new zip code along with a better credit rating may have helped.

did you talk to Jack in cbus? If not, give him a call and he is a site sponsor still I believe. I originally was qouted over $1100 for full coverage on my VFR through allstate but when I called Jack it was under $700 and just dropped since I bought a house

I'm tired of dealing with insurance at this point, I probably should, but I'm debating about dropping coverage and making it a track bike. When I find something else for the street I will.

3 things that play heavily on your insurance rates----1)zip code. 2)credit rating.3)driving record. not necessarily in that order. zip code was your killer Ryan and Brian your new zip code along with a better credit rating may have helped.

zip code doubling my coverage cost though? I understand they evaluate based on a multitude of variables, but to have a premium jump 200% because of a zip code change is insane. And for shits and giggles....my coverage for renters went up $2. So I'd like to have them explain how that fits in with ANY type of logic.