Siding replacement

donkason

I have 2 nice holes in my siding from my lawn mower kicking rocks at the house. It was a new build on 3 acres so I had some nice stones at the surface.

I'm looking to replace 2 lengths of siding now. Here is my question, can I go to home depot and grab siding or do I have to go to the manufacturer for a match. I don't know if siding is generic in pattern and color or specific.

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Might want to check the mfg and where they sell to be sure it will match. If it's simply white, you could surely find something locally to you that would match right up. But if it's not a typical white siding, I'd start with OEM and see what's available

Every siding mfr has their own color palette and dimension specs. You'll have to find out what brand/model/color your installed siding is to get a match. When you remove one of the damaged pieces, check the back of the siding for info stamped in the vinyl. Even so, your replacement pieces won't be a perfect match as your original siding has certainly weathered some from sun exposure. Shouldn't be noticeable tho, in another few years.

Also, get yourself a hook tool--looks like a 1" spatula with a hook end--to release the siding channels bottom from top. Use it for the reinstall as well. WAY BETTER than tearing all the pieces off from the top down to get to the damaged area. Can be had at any home improvement box store.

Thanks!

I have the manufacturer paperwork at the house and I'll start there. It would be great if they were a provider for a local big box store too. I don't want to order the stuff and wait a week or two to get it. I'm getting an appraisal done to refinance my house and I don't want the appraiser dinging me for an easy fix.

Thanks!

I have the manufacturer paperwork at the house and I'll start there. It would be great if they were a provider for a local big box store too. I don't want to order the stuff and wait a week or two to get it. I'm getting an appraisal done to refinance my house and I don't want the appraiser dinging me for an easy fix.

I was able to get my info from this paperwork, but I had to get it at a specialty store. Can't remember where, but it wasn't Home Depot...