goofin off with my old GYT-R muffler

oldschoolsdime92

So I bought this thing, and was never happy with it from the start. Tried to sell it. No dice. Got tired of it collecting dust, so I decided to play with it. I chopped it down to 14 inchs, purchased a repack kit, polished the ends, painted the can with high temp. ( If that doesn't hold up, i will go powdercoat)

IMAG1845.jpg

IMAG1846.jpg

It looked too long for its diameter to me too the first time I saw it, but his chop and paint work make it look TONS better. I cant wait to hear it! And I'd think the grill paint would hold up to the heat since they're usually tolerable to temps upwards of 1000 degrees or more right? So if your pipe gets that hot, you got bigger issues!

Looks much better man! Good work!!

Hows it sound, what rearsets are those

He told me it sounds louder and deeper than before the chop/repack, sorry but I cant remember what brand rearsets he told me they were. The bike is setup really well overall, especially after he replaced the powerplant ( binding trans issue ) and the high mount ex system. PO was a track guy and had installed a Penske rear shock and Ohlins fork kits, but Oldschool put some love into the bike and its definitely a far better specimen now