Leave it to Detroit...

jester3681

So, anyone else catch this story? Woman comes home to her house after a year away and finds someone else living there.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/woman-forced-live-squatter-detroit-home-170128148.html

While a squatter has no legal right to the property, the homeowner cannot remove a squatter by force, MyFoxDetroit reports. In this case, as in many others, Peterson must prove she is the rightful owner of the property in civil court and then seek eviction.
(the squatter), who is a write-in candidate for president, said, "I'm an advocate for affordable housing. That's a part of my campaign," she said."I signed an oath pledging that I would fight for affordable homes."

What the fuck? I need to go steal a house in Detroit, right?

• Upvote 1

I saw this story on the news and couldn't believe it. I think they said that the squatter had even put a lien on the house... I don't understand how any part of it is even possible... Not to mention the woman that purchased/owns the home has a child, so she's forced to live in her own home with some crazy stranger WITH her child in the home too???

I don't get it at all......