Two Bros M-2 Exhaust

jdonn

So I just got an M2 from two brothers for my GSXR 600. I am posting some pictures below. Let me know what you guys think. This thing sounds amazing!!!! However, it's pretty loud so I'm going to get a P1 exhaust tip tomo. I got it used for 170.00

Here it is dirty

ame2upud.jpg

ybuzyjy9.jpg

Here cleaned up and polished

azeqahaz.jpg

And here it's installed!!!!

u2u3a3ag.jpg

I'll post a vid with sound tomo...

Edited by jdonn

Pretty sub-par systems compared to some others, and they are some of the loudest out there. As long as you like it, but $170 toward a Yoshi, Arrow, Ackro, Area P or Leo Vince would've been wiser money spent IMHO.

Edited by Pokey

Hmm... I wasn't aware there was an issue with them.. I have heard that they are extremely loud but... Performance wise, I thought they were on par with the others?!

I didnt mean to come across as bashing, just that fit and finish is lower than some of the other offerings. A good re-pack helps, and I know they offer up quiter tips if needed/wanted. It does look nice on there I must say. :cool:

I didnt mean to come across as bashing, just that fit and finish is lower than some of the other offerings. A good re-pack helps, and I know they offer up quiter tips if needed/wanted. It does look nice on there I must say. :cool:

lol... Thanks. Due to my limited experiance in all this, I'm just happy I was able to install it!!! ;) I appreaciate your honesty though... As far as finish, I was just happy I found one for under 200 bucks. I would have much rather found a carbon fiber one but after all the polishing, I think it looks nice. Since its really shitty outside, iv been unable to drive with it and since I got done after 8, I didn't want to rev it much. I'll see what I think tomo when I take it out for a ride and if its too loud, IP has the silencers (2 of them from what customer service said today).

Also, Mothers Metal Polish is amazing... If you need to polish/clean anything other than chrome and gold, go with Mothers! It's 15 bucks but worth it. If its aluminum, don't use steel wool, anything else, use 0000 grade.

Edited by jdonn

got one on my race bike. i generally think all can are the same, they just vary in workmanship and material quality. can't really go all that wrong. modding your bike is good fun, just expensive (that's why i try to buy bikes that already have all the stuff i would do to it done)

It is a system that is notoriously loud due to the packing material being VERY inexpensive. Thus, it typically gets blown out rather easily and quickly. You need to repack with a quality packing material and make sure it has ample amounts of it before reassembly.

The fit and finish is OK, but if you compare to a low end or entry level system like Yosh has, it is similar. But, a quality piece like an Arrow, Leo, Akra, higher end Yosh, etc - all are going to have better craftsmanship and above all, better materials used and thus, better results overall.

That low amount of packing is cool when you wanna be loud and proud, but does little in terms of back pressure and performance...

Looks good and echoing the other comments, not bashing, but maybe take the time to repack at the minimum.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good man. Ive run an M4 GP, two bros, Akrapovic carbon fiber shorty, taylormade and yoshi r55 (current) on my k7 600. I can verify everything everyone has said about two bros. They look nice, but the quality and sound is nothing near the more expensive pipes. The m4, r55, akra and taylormade are all great options that sound and fit amazingly. If and when youre ready to upgrade check ebay for used pipes. That is where I usually buy. You can find great deals on used pipes with little to no damage if you take your time and wait for a good deal to pop up