Current Electoral College Scoreboard

magley64

Is Ron Paul even on the ballot?

Nope' date=' Writing him in.

Doesn't Romney trump his position?

If by "trump" you mean takes the complete opposite position then yes...:D

I believe you'll have to vote for Gary Johnson if you want to vote Libertarian.

Johnson is certainly a better option, but if I'm just "throwing my vote away" anyway, why compromise? Why not just vote for the guy I think would do the job best?

I could be/probably am wrong, though.

You are correct about your assertions regarding who is on the ballot.

Surprised at NM, WA, OR, being blue. Equally surprised with AZ being undecided

I'm surprised about AZ, but not the other states. Neither NM or WA have voted for a Republican President in 20 years. OH seems to go back and forth, and while there is certainly support for Romney here, there's also a lot of support for President Obama, particularly in the population centers (Cleveland, Dayton, Cincinnati).

http://core.talkingpointsmemo.com/election/scoreboard

Not only does Rmoney need to sweep all of the yellows, he needs to flip at least one of the blues...

I'm still voting for paul...

Romney has 206. He needs 270 to win. 85 are a tossup. By my math, that means if he gets the tossups he's at 291, well over 270. No need to flip a blue. If I'm missing something here, please share.

Romney has 206. He needs 270 to win. 85 are a tossup. By my math, that means if he gets the tossups he's at 291, well over 270. No need to flip a blue. If I'm missing something here, please share.

the map's been changing since i first posted it....

at that time, both ohio and michigan were blue (2% or greater).

the map's been changing since i first posted it....

at that time, both ohio and michigan were blue (2% or greater).

Ohio has never been blue through this entire campaign. Maybe that map shows it that way, but everyone else knows Ohio is a true tossup. That's why Romney and Obama won't leave us alone on tv, the radio, Facebook, and even my damn home phone. If I weren't already voting for Gary Johnson, I would be after the two of them basically stalking me and everyone else here in Ohio. If Romney and/or Obama were an ex, I'd be filing a restraining order.

Ohio has never been blue through this entire campaign. Maybe that map shows it that way, but everyone else knows Ohio is a true tossup. That's why Romney and Obama won't leave us alone on tv, the radio, Facebook, and even my damn home phone. If I weren't already voting for Gary Johnson, I would be after the two of them basically stalking me and everyone else here in Ohio. If Romney and/or Obama were an ex, I'd be filing a restraining order.

The map populates based on recent polls (basically if the election were today, this is what the outcome would be)

if a candidate gets a lead greater than 2 points, the map shows it as "leaning" Very light red or very light blue.

If their lead is more stable, they get a darker shade for "favors"

and finally if the state is solid, they get the boldest blue or red, (ny, tx, and ca for example)

as I was typing that, wisconsin jumped back in the fray

I'm still wondering how this is even remotely 'scientific'. How does the map know how the electoral college will vote?

the electoral college almost always votes exactly as their states do.(though on occasion one will refrain from voting)

it's not very scientific, but I do believe it is an honest endeavor of trying to figure out the pulse of the country, and make some predictions.

gay rights

gitmo

pot

transparency

civil liberties

Gay rights, I'll concede that, for ->against ->for that's pretty flip floppy

Gitmo, I don't believe is a flip flop issue as much as a logistic issue... I think he's still trying to work on that one.

Pot, I'm not familiar with any flip flopping here, I know he smoked some as a kid, but I don't recall him suggesting a policy change (I could be wrong)

Transparency, it's a nice buzzword, nobody runs on a platform of a more secretive government, do they?

Civil liberties, we'll have to be a bit more specific.

Civil liberties... Patriot Act' date=' for starters. Individual mandate, for seconds. I could give you more, but those should be enough to make my point. [/quote']

The patriot act is a MAJOR issue for me...

If Rmoney was running (consistently) on a platform to repeal/abolish it, then it would be a very difficult choice between the two.

I don't care who you vote for' date=' but you're cramming it to Romney like he's the only liar on the ballot. I'm not sure what you have against him, but Obama is no better, or worse. They're cut from the same cloth. I just don't get the reasoning behind your logic to pick a side to bash. They're both shit and you know it. You're not even voting for the incumbent, so what's with the one-sided-politicking?

You want to preach this nonsense about Romney and his evil millions, while Obama is a millionaire and pretty much did nothing to become one.[/quote']

Obama wrote books to earn his money, Rmoney borrowed a small fortune from his dad and invested it...

So i'd give the edge to our president there...

As for the one sidedness, the president is a distant 3rd or 4th place in my line up, rmoney is dead last.

The government is not a business, and should not be run as such.

Johnson is certainly a better option, but if I'm just "throwing my vote away" anyway, why compromise? Why not just vote for the guy I think would do the job best?

>5% for Gary Johnson - That's why you should 'compromise'. I was on the fence about this too, because I know that I would rather vote for Paul, but it seems that since Johnson is on the ballot, he's more likely to acquire 5%

Well, I can say I was mostly indifferent to who actually won president, but I'm sad that we have to look at 2016 with the same two political views as the past. I hope at some point we can break up the 2 party system so that we can actually have a choice rather than the lesser of 2 evils.