4 year old Border Collie/Shepherd mix free to good home

Bad324

My girlfriends dog needs a new home. Its neutered, up to date on shots and she has all the records. She's moved in with me and didn't want to bring the dog with her because it was her ex's dog she got stuck with. Her parents have been taking care of him but he is cramping their style so they have asked her to find him a new home

I'll get some pictures from her for anyone seriously interested. He's only about 30-35 lbs is my guess so he isn't a large breed at all. He gets along with women the most but small children I'd be slightly hesitant around. Once he warms up to males he does a lot better but definitely gravitates towards women. If you have any questions let me know and if I don't know it I'll find it out quick

There is even a decent chance that I'd be willing to bring him down to Cbus for anyone interested. This will probably hinge around if the gf can handle being present for the giving up of the dog. The sooner we can find him a better situation, the better it will be for him in the long run as I think he's just real bored

18897293-DF7A-4013-A97D-4C38162F23FC-28023-0000126F0FE48200.jpg

B491D0B4-2A0E-43CD-A040-DEAB9A98993C-28023-0000126F096000DE.jpg

Edited by Bad324

The small children thing kills it for me... GL

its not that he CANT be around small children, he just doesn't quite understand them I think. My gf's parents often watched her 1 year old nephew and 5 year old niece with the dog around and I think they were overly paranoid but they never seemed to trust him around the kids and tried to keep some distance between them

• 3 weeks later...
Lock this thread. Some lucky pooch found a new bitchin' alpha male to kick it with. He's chillaxin' next to me on the couch as this is being typed.

Thanks' date=' Kim and Brian. I know it wasn't easy to see him go, but he will get much needed tasks and exercise with his new beagle buddy, Porter.

I'll post some photos later. Right now, Porter and Brewser are resting from a fun afternoon at the dog park.[/quote']

you're welcome and Thank you for taking him! I'm glad he seems to be settling in pretty nicely already

Kim should be able to find the papers from the vet today, if not I'll have her contact the vet to send them to your vet