$40 Garmin + RAM

MeefZah

Truth in advertising up front:

This Garmin Etrex Venture has been displaying a tendency to shut down of it's own volition over the past few months. It is only when used on my single cylinder dirt bike and only at high RPMs so I would speculate the batteries vibrate and lose contact, or there is an internal bad connection which is manifested at certain RPMs.

The screen has some tape residue on the bottom, and the top of the unit also has tape residue (tape was used to ease the vibrations between the unit and the RAM mount). There is a scuff on the top of the screen but mostly not in the viewing area. It's been perched on a bike for 5 years and it looks it.

It works fine other than the above issue, locks on the satellites quickly, backlighting works, tracking & routing works fine, all controls function. On my multi cyclinder bike, which is smoother, it does not power down. When used in handheld moe, like hiking, it also does not power down.

But - having said that - I am selling it as is, for parts / project only. It may work great for the next decade (probably) or it may take a giant crap tomorrow. You assume the risk.

Garmin ETrex Venture CX (color, micro SD slot, mini USB port), RAM mount (no ball), manual, quick ref guide. Standard world basemap with major highways.

$40 shipped ConUS. New was around $250, plus the RAM. What's $40 in the overall scheme of things, really?

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg