Fix my computer

granda080

Anyone in the Dayton area want to fix my computer or know of a place that won't dry anal rape me on price?

The issue? The power jack on my POS Dell Inspiron 1545 is no longer working. It stopped charging long ago and my daughter just finished the job and bent the thing all crazy like. In any effect, it won't charge, nor will it power it on. Apparently this is a "common" issue for them, where the soldering points on the jack break contact.

If you have the know how to fix this shoot me a price, or send me somewhere that I can trust.

Cheers!

Depending on the computer you need a new power board, or a new motherboard, in either case it's a pain to take apart but not terribly hard. Hopefully someone can help you either fix the solder joint or find the correct part on ebay and disassemble/reassemble.

It's a power board. I know the part needed. It's more I'm not keen on literally removing every component of my computer. I watched a video on it...which clearly makes me an expert lol.

If it's to much money to have someone else do it I will do it myself, but I'd rather not.

Replace it. Then save broken one for your daughter.

Here is the catch though, for the next few years until she gets real curious. Lie to her about the people that live in the computer and do all those wonderful things they do. Then tell her that one very bad person came in from the internet and started hurting all the good people. After she is good and brainwashed give your daughter the tools to take it apart and a hammer. Tell her to find and kill bad guy.

You will see if she is compassionate or not based on how many pieces you get laptop back in.

If you just need someone to solder it for you, I can solder it or swap out the part, whatever you want done. No charge. Let me know what you want to do.

I just ordered the replacement part. I'll hit you up when it comes in. Thanks so much!