Street fighters!

bshultz0930

How she started after a run in with a guard rail:

IMG_0022.jpg

After I fixed everything mechanically and my buddies got to her with some black spray paint while I was away at college:

38C08872.jpg

Got bored with the all black look:

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

Wish I would have left the dirtbike bars on, but it was too much on the highway. That acerbis headlight blew, so I made up my own which worked better, but still not enough.

IMG_0003%2520%25283%2529.JPG

Picked up a Dominator headlight as the final iteration, worked great. Also worked out the dented tank and did a few other things, I'm not sure if I have any pictures of the final version before I found a crack in the frame....have to dig around.

Edited by RHill

Here are a couple from the last mod session.....pulling the dents out of the tank....was tired of the low fuel capacity:

2011-05-11%252018.43.40.jpg

Smoothing:

2011-05-15%252016.47.15.jpg

Rattle canned:

2011-05-22%252016.31.22.jpg

Guess this is the closest I have to the finished bike, ended up spraying it white and blue.

2011-05-22%252016.31.12.jpg

Here are a couple from the last mod session.....pulling the dents out of the tank....was tired of the low fuel capacity:

2011-05-11%252018.43.40.jpg

Smoothing:

2011-05-15%252016.47.15.jpg

Rattle canned:

2011-05-22%252016.31.22.jpg

Guess this is the closest I have to the finished bike, ended up spraying it white and blue.

2011-05-22%252016.31.12.jpg

What did you use to black out the exhaust? Engine block high temp paint?

I want to get a streetfighter project going, but I've been indecisive about what bike to start with as a base, and short on funds to take the plunge.

My finances may be improving this weekend (knock on wood), but I'm still kind of torn on what bike to start with.

I keep debating between "whatever 90's 600 I can find for a decent price" and Katana 750. The lack of radiator makes things a lot cleaner on a streetfighter, IMHO, but I want to be able to do track days on whatever I end up with as well.

I think I really just want a Honda 599 for that costs $1,000 or so. Oh well. The search continues.

I want to get a streetfighter project going, but I've been indecisive about what bike to start with as a base, and short on funds to take the plunge.

My finances may be improving this weekend (knock on wood), but I'm still kind of torn on what bike to start with.

I keep debating between "whatever 90's 600 I can find for a decent price" and Katana 750. The lack of radiator makes things a lot cleaner on a streetfighter, IMHO, but I want to be able to do track days on whatever I end up with as well.

I think I really just want a Honda 599 for that costs $1,000 or so. Oh well. The search continues.

I know where you can find a race ready 03 cbr 600 for around $2,500.

YSR_racer - those bars work any good for fast cornering?

So far, much better. I've had a hard time getting comfortable with this bike. The SV650 handled like a dream with this same GSXR front end on it. Sv1k has the same dimensions, with the only notable difference being that it is 40 lbs heavier. I didn't think that would be an issue, but it has been. I'm not a small guy. I've decided that I either need to get comfortable on this bike, or sell it and go back to a 650, so I've started riding a little more aggressively with the mx bars than I did with the clip-ons. The bike is much more hooligan with the MX bars, and likes to wheelie a lot more.

I think the clip-ons looked better aesthetically, but the mx bars make it a much better bike.

photobucket-23454-1352829894464.jpg

photobucket-23467-1352829934293.jpg

photobucket-9877-1352829971654.jpg

The SV1k. Got rid of the GSXR clip-ons, converted to MX bars. Much nicer to ride now, and the extra bar leverage is well worth the effort. Still miss the six fiddy... watching for one for this winters project.

Your SV looks beautiful like that. Nice job on it.

Not sure the exact "criteria" for a streetfight, but here's mine (posted in intro thread too).

The day I got it home in May:

honda9191.jpg

honda9192.jpg

Before crash guards:

919nowindscreen.jpg

Current state from Sunday:

leftside1.jpg

rightside1.jpg

rightside2.jpg

Overall pretty happy with it for now, but I'm probably going to get some non bar-end aftermarket mirrors that will work well... Previous one I was staring at my elbows, but with the bar weight on the throttle side, the right bar end mirror gets out of adjustment a lot, plus it widens the bike quite a bit... A belly pan would be nice to get as well.

Previous bike, I had intentions to make it into a naked streetfighter, but sold it. The new owner ended up taking the fairing off a turning it into a naked Bandit... I actually kind of miss the Bandit, lol.

p1000164b.jpg