Woot-Off

mike884

Tag is doing their friends and family. Grand carrera for 3k last time I looked. Pretty good price for new and from an AD

That's actually great for a Grand Carrera. When the new models come out, that's about what a Carrera costs.

(at least mine did back when it came out)

How can you wear a watch these days and not be a douchebag. Back in the day it was like hey, I need to know what time it is, and I just happen to feel this several-thousand dollar piece is the best tool for the job. Now it's like hey, despite the fact I am never out of arms reach of an electronic device that tells me the exact time, I paid several thousand dollars for this and I want you to see it.

How can you wear a watch these days and not be a douchebag. Back in the day it was like hey, I need to know what time it is, and I just happen to feel this several-thousand dollar piece is the best tool for the job. Now it's like hey, despite the fact I am never out of arms reach of an electronic device that tells me the exact time, I paid several thousand dollars for this and I want you to see it.

Love this post, I rock my 40.00 Columbia watch, gives me the time, even the date, and glows in the dark. I don't like jewelry such as bling, and only wear a wedding band and small cross under my shirt I've had since 7th grade. And I only wear the watch to places like work, and church.

Wedding band is plane white gold, cross is silver, can't imagine having something on my wrist or finger worth more than my commuter car or race bike.

You can say the same thing about any piece of jewelry. They serve no purpose other than decoration and an ostentatious display of wealth. technically the same can be said for name brand clothing, higher-end cars, etc. You can find cheap versions to serve the same purpose.

An expensive watch is also an investment. Many of them hold their value if not appreciate over time (assuming they are cared for), mostly due to the precious metals and jewels.

Opulence, I has it.

screenshot-163.jpeg?w=470

Edited by ScubaCinci

You can say the same thing about any piece of jewelry. They serve no purpose other than decoration and an ostentatious display of wealth. technically the same can be said for name brand clothing, higher-end cars, etc. You can find cheap versions to serve the same purpose.

An expensive watch is also an investment. Many of them hold their value if not appreciate over time (assuming they are cared for), mostly due to the precious metals and jewels.

Opulence, I has it.

screenshot-163.jpeg?w=470

your 2 comments in bold above are complete contridictions of each other.

That's because the first two sentences are in reference the "if you wear an expensive watch you're a douchebag" mindset. The latter is how I see it and although I didn't specifically call out jewelry it holds true for that as well.

Overall, not well stated on my part, I agree. Posting at work while on a call FAIL.

what's wrong with liking neat/fancy watches? it's like any other useless expensive hobby. there's just something really cool about a really well designed, well made watch with incredible attention to detail that you just don't get in many other things these days.

that said, while the depreciation/loss isn't quite as bad as some of the other vices/hobbies (well, assuming you're not being a total idiot about it), i would be hard pressed to call it an investment.

i don't own a whole lot of them, but i do enjoy the couple nicer watches I do have. while i see the utility in a feature packed casio solar atomic calculator heart monitor altimeter barometer spy-camera vibrator flashlight wrist watch, i definitely get more kicks out of listening to the high speed ticking of a mechanical chrono as i time some stranger going to the bathroom so i can give them that knowing smile when they get back and see that shameful look on their face. some times, i can get them to sniff their hands... you know... just to be sure you got ALL the poop out.

... while i see the utility in a feature packed casio solar atomic calculator heart monitor altimeter barometer spy-camera vibrator flashlight wrist watch, i definitely get more kicks out of listening to the high speed ticking of a mechanical chrono as i time some stranger going to the bathroom so i can give them that knowing smile when they get back and see that shameful look on their face. some times, i can get them to sniff their hands... you know... just to be sure you got ALL the poop out.

Now that's signature worthy material! :bow: I want the casio solar atomic calucular heart monitor altimeter barometer spy-camera vibrator flashlight wrist watch! Never know when you'll be trapped in a plane with a pair of sexy lesbians that are need of the time and a hot video for their blog. :)