SPROCKETS - Front, rear, one tooth equals?

JackFlash

haha, very good. Now if you have a stock 2.75 ratio, and want it to lay the torque down quicker, you'd go higher. Like 15F 44R for 2.93. So if you had a 17 front what sprocket on the back would do the same ratio? durrr, 17x2.93=49.81, or 50 teeth. But it's actually a 50/17=2.94. A tiny bit more away from stock.

Somewhere I've got an Excel spreadsheet that shows me all these combinations of ratios. At least the ones I was interested in.

Bonus question: if your stock speedometer reads 6% too low (or high), what sprockets would you use to correct it?

Double bonus question, what change in tire circumference percentage would make the same change?

Edited by ReconRat

The OP has a GS500. -1/+2 isn't going to make his bike a wheelie machine.

Dude, that's really silly on a bike with that small of HP. It's not going to do wheelies, but the fact is that he will run out of RPM fast. He'd be on the highway screaming the RPMs. -1 like Papa stated is really the way to go. You are essentially adding almost 5 teeth to the rear. Silly...