Key bareful out there....

YSR_Racer_99

On the Ninja a couple of years ago, I crested a hill on westbound OH725. Laying in my lane was a queen size matress. I layed on the brakes hard and skirted the right hand shoulder. I had to stop for a few minutes after I moved the matress because of the adrenaline and pucker factor.

I was on my Strom on 670 in Columbus near the Airport a few years ago when a box spring flew off a moving truck way up ahead of me. It caught air and went really high, and for a second I just stared at it cause it was soaring, then I realize I'm on a great trajectory to meet it when it comes back down....so I swerve off to the berm to miss it and it starts to bank my way....I swerve back into my lane right as it comes down and I ducked to miss it....flew just over my head.

Scared the living shit out of me.

What's worse is I speed up and flag the truck down, and the guy flips me off cause he thinks I'm raging on him....just waving trying to get him to pull over or realize he lost something.

I think that's why I ride in the dirt so much. Mattress incidents and retarded truckers are very rare.

I stopped on 555 when riding solo, when I saw what looked like a mini tornado on a sunny but windy day. Also stopped because it was what looked like a lumber yard or hardware with stacks of 4x8 sheets of plywood stacked around the parking lot. Yup, several sheets of that crap blew across the road. I would have been in it.