jetting

bshultz0930

Generally there isn't much advantage to doing what you're planning on doing. If done right you'll usually get more top end at the expense of low and midrange. End result is less ridability. CV carbs don't generally like pod filters, but if you're dead set on doing this.....

Throw away your gutted stock system and bolt on a full yoshi system.

Dynojet stage 3 jet kit.

Learn how to read your plugs and tune in your carbs.

/thread

cats are still in, but all the packing is out of the can.. i just cant stand seeing those tubes hang out of my bike.. its sofa king annoying to look at, and i hate them with a passion..maybe i should just try a different, more breathable air filter before i go to jetting it..

The stock exhaust is not going to flow any more air without the packing than with, unless the end cap is modified. No need to jet.

I wouldn't do the pods unless you are racing and need to shave weight by losing the air box. The mi-nute power gains are not going to be worth all the tuning you will have to do to get it to run right and, like Pokey said, God help ya if they get wet.

so im going to try and remove the airbox to my carbs and put in place filter pods.. my exhaust is gutted and i have no idea what size jets i would need? any help?

If you have a ram air bike you don't want to replace the airbox with pods. You'll lose the ram effect and allow all that heat generated by your engine to be fed into the engine as hot intake air. Both these things will hurt performance. Buy a good air filter for the stock airbox, aftermarket exhaust and jet kit and do it right the first time. This will save many headaches and allow you to enjoy the bike.

photo.jpg

tubes that come out of the frame for the intake is all im trying to get rid of, my engine starts getting too much fuel if i totally remove them and holds a high rpm coming off highway speeds if i remove the tubes, the ram air has already been taken care and working properly..

because the ram air tubes are totally separate from those tubes, ram air tube is a 1/2in hose that is spit and hooks to 2 spots on the carb assembly, cant really see it in the picture but there is a duct for it underneath the headlight.. and idk, i was raised around fuel injection, so i dont know shit about carbs.. maybe ill just try and shorten those tubes so theyre not hanging so far out..