how to synchronize carbs on a 1976 kz900

marlboro man

:Dfirst off start by hooking up gages with 5/32 hose to the 4 intakespost-4660-13690979640157_thumb.jpg ea. time till you get all gages at the same pont thay are tuchy & will move when you tighting nut back up it takes some time to get them just right

Edited by marlboro man
  • Upvote 1

It's more then getting the carbs to read all the same on the Gage's. you're adjusting air/fuel mix also I thought.

yes I adjusted that to but the main thing was I noted that the carbs where out of wack when

I first got the bike & cleand them

How's the Z1 carbs run on the 900? Did you have to rejet them at all?

Later, Doug

I didnt know that thay where the 1975 & older Late Z1-A & Z1-B Mikuni 28mm carbs & not the smaller 1976 26mm

carbs till you pointed it out thanks for the in put http://www.z1enterprises.com/Z1CarbGuide.aspx I thank it runs a bit sluggish in low to mid rpms but this is my first kz & it was a barn find only cleaned carbs gas tank & did this have had no time to do any thing just looked up on people using the older biger carb on the 1976 instead of the smaller 26mm some times you got to shim the needles to get rid of the low to mid slug