Cool website for outdoor gear

Casper

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/BenStillman

It's a private discount club type thing. Pretty damn sweet actually. Camping, fishing, cycling, etc. Lots of stuff. Kinda like Steep and Cheap, but with lots more stuff.

Full disclosure: If you sign up with the link in this post, if you make a purchase at some point I'll get a $25 credit. Just wanted to put that out there.

I've been buying stuff from them for a while. Some good deals, but there's two big catches. You have to be super fucking fast, sizes and popular models are either in tiny supply to begin with, never available, or everyone pounces so buy fast if you see it and want it. I've logged in the instant I got the email to see things I wanted unavailable. Also, the shipping can be slow on some stuff...has averaged 3-4 weeks for me.

LeftLane sports is another site similar to the Clymb, more stuff as a general rule and similar prices.

• 4 weeks later...
I've been trying to convince some of my hiking friends to go, nobody has agreed yet :( lol
I need a few more years under my belt before I'm willing to attempt something like that. It's not a climb of Everest, but still a heck of a challenge.

Everest Base Hike:

• Trek to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar

• View the breathtaking Himalaya Range

• Explore Sherpa villages and ancient Buddhist monasteries

• Stay overnight in teahouse lodges along the way

• Explore Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal

This 16-day trek will take you in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay to the southern face of Mount Everest, the world’s highest mountain. Trek through breathtaking mountain scenery, quaint Sherpa villages, and Buddhist monasteries as you ascend to Everest Base Camp (17,598 feet above sea level). Let the expert guides at Ace the Himalaya lead you to sensational mountain views and give you local insight into Sherpa culture.

This classic itinerary has it all. Explore the temples, shrines, bazaars, and restaurants of Kathmandu before taking a scenic mountain flight to Lukla. Then trek up the Dudh Kosi Valley and take in the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a challenging ascent to the popular village of Namche Bazaar, the capital of the Khumbu Sherpas, so you’ll spend an extra day there to adjust and aid acclimatization. After a well-deserved rest day, it’s off to Tengboche, where you’ll be greeted by a stunning 360-degree panoramic view of the Himalayas. The views of Everest, the Lhotse-Nuptse Wall, Ama Dablam, and Kantega dominate this peaceful and spiritual location—known for being one of the most tranquil and inspiring places in the world.

While passing Buddhist monasteries, views of Everest get closer every day. This stunning trek visits both Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar (18,225 feet), a viewpoint that is often a coveted goal for adventurous walkers in the Himalayas, as it’s recognized as the best vantage point from which to see Mount Everest. After trekking to base camp and Kala Patthar, return at a leisurely pace to Namche and Lukla for your return flight to Kathmandu

$1400

Edited by OsuMj

It actually seems like you don't need to be that in shape or experienced. Its only 75 miles total, and they take care of carrying most of your stuff. You just hike with a small pack. They say that an average person could do it if they are moderately fit.

Everest Base Hike:

• Trek to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar

• View the breathtaking Himalaya Range

• Explore Sherpa villages and ancient Buddhist monasteries

• Stay overnight in teahouse lodges along the way

• Explore Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal

This 16-day trek will take you in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay to the southern face of Mount Everest, the world’s highest mountain. Trek through breathtaking mountain scenery, quaint Sherpa villages, and Buddhist monasteries as you ascend to Everest Base Camp (17,598 feet above sea level). Let the expert guides at Ace the Himalaya lead you to sensational mountain views and give you local insight into Sherpa culture.

This classic itinerary has it all. Explore the temples, shrines, bazaars, and restaurants of Kathmandu before taking a scenic mountain flight to Lukla. Then trek up the Dudh Kosi Valley and take in the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a challenging ascent to the popular village of Namche Bazaar, the capital of the Khumbu Sherpas, so you’ll spend an extra day there to adjust and aid acclimatization. After a well-deserved rest day, it’s off to Tengboche, where you’ll be greeted by a stunning 360-degree panoramic view of the Himalayas. The views of Everest, the Lhotse-Nuptse Wall, Ama Dablam, and Kantega dominate this peaceful and spiritual location—known for being one of the most tranquil and inspiring places in the world.

While passing Buddhist monasteries, views of Everest get closer every day. This stunning trek visits both Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar (18,225 feet), a viewpoint that is often a coveted goal for adventurous walkers in the Himalayas, as it’s recognized as the best vantage point from which to see Mount Everest. After trekking to base camp and Kala Patthar, return at a leisurely pace to Namche and Lukla for your return flight to Kathmandu

$1400

That's really cheap. I was looking last year

Yeah but that wont be 30hrs straight. it wil take a few days. Just plan your flights right. If you dont sleep well on flights, listen to Shitty..

Ive been fortunate enough that most of my overseas flights have been in business class so I could rock the 100% lay flats, 4 course meals, drinks, tv, video games, etc. Truly does make a difference but I could never afford to do it on my own dime.