Am I the only one who thinks 750cc is just right?

motociclista

I want to see a 750cc bike that weighs less than 400 pounds.

I realize it would probably be a thumper and all plastic/carbon.

But I can hope for a 2cyl or 4cyl.

The claimed wet weight of my zx10 is 437. You can shed 10lbs. by putting on an m4 slip on. Get a fender eliminator seat cowl smaller battery and light weight rims and it'll probably be close to under 400 lbs. and its a 1000. So I bet a sub 400 lb. 750 is do able.

the 650R really nails riding position for most of us. I remember reading about it when it was new, and the Kawasaki website talking about how they designed the bike around the rider. Having sat on them at MC shows, I actually believe them.

Great all-around bike that is approachable for novices, but big enough that you could keep it forever too.

The suspension is budget, but not bad. Much nicer than you would have gotten on a "beginner" bike 10 years ago. I would personally like a big more power, but 62ish is nothing to be ashamed of. If they bored out the 650 and made a ninja 800R with 80 horsepower and a nice fat torque curve, I'd be all over that...

Agreed, the Ninja 650 has been my favorite bike I have owned thus far. The only thing I think I would trade it for would be a newer 650 because the newer bodywork looks great.

Depends on....back dirt and gravel roads and none of the fairing'd sportbikes work as well as the DT400...iffen I want to be somewhere yesterday, it'd be the liter BB. If plodding along on the local highways and by-ways the SV650 works oh so well. Then if a bright sunny day and no real destination, plop down on the cruiser and ride along (the ole Honda 750 SS works well for this as well). I'll figure out a good use for the other bikes too! Besides static shows.

Ducati 1199 Panigale R is 364 lbs dry (417 wet), pretty close. Makes 194 hp, 98 ft-lbs

Looks like a recipe for a good time! :cool:

In stock form, my CBR1000RR is sitting at 439 lbs wet. 153 hp, 78 ft-lbs. That translates to F*CKIN fast for me, so I could only imagine more power/torque and less weight!