Chase Bank , worst service ever

BikerBoy

My sister works there. The dumb ass shit she tells me about makes me certain they will never handle any of my money. Simple to say Chase is not for consumers of average means and their corporate heads (executives) are sociopaths.

Wanna laugh? Just search Chase on You Tube!

I also banked with 5/3 (horrible) and Key bank. Both had policies to rearrange transactions to promote overdraft and late fees in which i actually got a settlement from 5/3 in a class action lawsuit. 5/3 customer service was horrible and they consistently screwed me on my credit cards.

Chase did the same thing. http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/2583-chase-overdraft-fee-class-action-settlement-

I bank with Huntington and never had a moment's trouble. Had a Chase account for 3mo and they tore me to pieces on fees - and I worked there at the time. Closed it as quick as I could. When I begged for mercy being an employee the manager said (IIRC); "Then you should know how we do business and none of this should be a surprise to you."

Edited by Scruit

Who and how can you enforce this ?

I know the federal reserve and the federal department of engraving and printing only tells you to send the notes to them and wait between 6- 38 months to get a check back ......

do you know of any bank who would actually do this ?

That is for seriously mutilated currency, stuff that's been in a fire, buried, decayed, stuff like that. According to what I'm reading, currency that can be established as valid without doing a ton of research (cross-referencing serial numbers, forensic analysis, stuff like that) should be exchanged through the bank without the note ever hitting the Treasury. If you had a note that was taped back together with matching serial numbers on both sides, the bank is acknowledging that this is a valid note and not a forgery, and they STILL won't swap it out, then they're just fucking with you.

As for the closing account thing, if all that is accurate, then I'd play the game and send them that letter, certified mail (so you have a paper trail as well). This is the part of the show where banks start to "lose" things that are in their interest to misplace from time to time, so it's important to make sure you're keeping records, record phone calls and meetings if you have them (Ohio is a one-party state for recording, as long as one party understands that recording is taking place (you), you're perfectly legal), and establish you doing your due diligence in case you have/want to take this further up the legal chain.

I bank with Huntington and never had a moment's trouble. Had a Chase account for 3mo and they tore me to pieces on fees - and I worked there at the time. Closed it as quick as I could. When I begged for mercy being an employee the manager said (IIRC); "Then you should know how we do business and none of this should be a surprise to you."

After being reasonably sure that Huntington was processing credits before debits and racking up my OD fees, and I was getting nothing from them as far as a reasonable interest rate (as reasonable as you can get nowadays), I fired them about 4-5 years ago and switched to Kemba CU in Columbus. Their web-bank was abysmal, after missing a payment to themselves for a car loan I also had with Kemba (they apologized, then let sneak that a change I make on the online bank sparks a manual change that someone from Kemba's side has to do, and that got missed), I immediately jumped ship and moved to USAA. Couldn't be happier.

After being reasonably sure that Huntington was processing credits before debits and racking up my OD fees, and I was getting nothing from them as far as a reasonable interest rate (as reasonable as you can get nowadays), I fired them about 4-5 years ago and switched to Kemba CU in Columbus. Their web-bank was abysmal, after missing a payment to themselves for a car loan I also had with Kemba (they apologized, then let sneak that a change I make on the online bank sparks a manual change that someone from Kemba's side has to do, and that got missed), I immediately jumped ship and moved to USAA. Couldn't be happier.

Huntington now has 24 hr grace, so it really doesn't matter what order your credits and debits are processed in a given day.

In reality, every bank, credit union, financial institution will have someone who wasn't happy, and someone who was. I have horror stories from every bank I've had in Cbus, 4 now, plus the one I work for. Key, Huntington(wifes sister works there, her mom is going through pulling her accounts from there due to some stuff, as I did too), and 5/3.

Kemba was the only one I haven't had any issues with even though my truck was stolen that was with them. And my employer the ATM wouldn't accept 1.00 bills if I put in more than like 10 at a time even though it said I could do up to 50.... Yeah I'm not a stripper.

That BMI deal would be good if you could seed that account with $50k.

I typically go this route...

http://www.depositaccounts.com/checking/reward-checking-accounts.html

I've moved money 3 times chasing rates, but they're getting wise to this game so they started capping balances for the good APY. :(

i wouldn't be against opening multiple checking accounts to get around the balance limit thing... but the whole direct deposit thing is a pain in the ass. can i use paypal or something to send money to whatever account on a monthly basis to circumvent the requirement for direct deposit? i wish i had more credit unions around me that had the high yield so i dont have to do all this stuff over fund transfers and crap.

Usually the requirement is a deposit or withdrawal... so you could direct deposit your check into one, and direct withdrawal your mortgage out of another, and direct withdrawal an electric or gas bill from another, and withdrawal a car payment from another... just make sure you use paypal and remember to move money back into all the withdrawal accounts.

But, unless you're a serious spender (I'm not), your biggest difficulty is going to hit the 10-20 debit transactions PER ACCOUNT each month... 4 accounts and you need to makes 40-80 total transactions across 4 different cards per month. I'm lucky to get all 12 that I'm required. Groceries once a week = 4, cable bill = 1, cell bill = 1, water/trash bill = 1, out to eat once a week = 4 ==> 11, and there's usually 1 or 2 misc expenses that I make to get my last one.

If you're really hardcore like some people, they fill up their gas tank each day. It may only be a gallon or less, but it counts as a transaction... it's not dependent on the amount (at least not yet).

Granted, I'll chase rates and things, but I value my time more than to try to juggle 4 or 5 high yield accounts for an extra $1000 in taxable interest per year. It adds up, but at that point it's an (opportunity) cost-benefit loss for me.

Edited by JRMMiii

Usually the requirement is a deposit or withdrawal... so you could direct deposit your check into one, and direct withdrawal your mortgage out of another, and direct withdrawal an electric or gas bill from another, and withdrawal a car payment from another... just make sure you use paypal and remember to move money back into all the withdrawal accounts.

But, unless you're a serious spender (I'm not), your biggest difficulty is going to hit the 10-20 debit transactions PER ACCOUNT each month... 4 accounts and you need to makes 40-80 total transactions across 4 different cards per month. I'm lucky to get all 12 that I'm required. Groceries once a week = 4, cable bill = 1, cell bill = 1, water/trash bill = 1, out to eat once a week = 4 ==> 11, and there's usually 1 or 2 misc expenses that I make to get my last one.

If you're really hardcore like some people, they fill up their gas tank each day. It may only be a gallon or less, but it counts as a transaction... it's not dependent on the amount (at least not yet).

Granted, I'll chase rates and things, but I value my time more than to try to juggle 4 or 5 high yield accounts for an extra $1000 in taxable interest per year. It adds up, but at that point it's an (opportunity) cost-benefit loss for me.

well, that's the thing... i'd only be interested in doing this if i could automate this in some way. i'll have to think about this some more.