sawing carbon fiber

Gixxus Christ!

I would say abrasive cutoff tools. So I looked it up.

From ProTech Composites - Working with carbon fiber

1. Cutting Carbon Fiber Laminate

Carbon fiber sheets can be cut with standard tools, ranging from scissors and razor knives for thinner sheets, to abrasive cutting wheels and dremel tools. For cutting many carbon fiber veneer sheets, we recommend the use of carbide tools, abrasive type cutters, or diamond crusted tools. Regular steel tools will cut carbon sheets just fine, but due to the abrasive nature of all carbon sheets, standard tools will wear down fast with heavy cutting use. Panels are then easily edge-sanded, allowing you to trim close and sand to final dimensions for a smooth, clean edge. See our Summary of Standard Thicknesses for more specifics on cutting tools for each thickness.

I'd use the band saw. Way faster cleaner and if you wrap some high quality tape where you're cutting it most likely wont splinter.
Wrap the area you'll be cutting in masking tape. It will keep the possibility of splintering to a minimum.

This and this. Tape it good n tight, should be fine and the end cap would hide any small amount of fray thats leftover.