The American Army

ReconRat

I ninja edited. Although said edited. See above.

The odds of guessing at odds without information as to the odds is futile.

but we aren't without information, on either topic, are we?

We know teapots are purpose built pieces of pottery or metal designed to hold and brew tea... we also know how relatively recent it was that we, as humans have been capable of making objects escape out atmosphere at will...

so you have 3 real possibilities as I see them 1, an asteroid or comet ricocheted off the earth, carrying with it a teapot that managed to sustain orbit on it's own around the sun (odds are quite slim) 2. some physicist deemed it a reasonable venture to launch a teapot into orbit around he sun without announcing it to the world, or 3 aliens of some other planet happen to enjoy tea, and managed to lose one of their tea pots along the way from our planet also giving it enough speed to sustain orbit...

all of these are extremely unlikely scenarios... therefore the end result is an equally absurd notion. Where I draw my conclusions from skepticism, you draw your conclusions from belief.

this is fun..

I draw estimates based on logic. Those will change as data is received.

Since no factual information is available on small odd objects in far solar orbit,

the odds are 50% to 50% that such a thing would be there. That's how logic works.

I R engineerd.

Not quite... you don't get a 50/50 shot at everything just because you have no observational data regarding the location you're arguing...

Do you also think the chances are 50/50 that there are bugatti veyrons at the center of each iceberg?

Without drilling, how would you know?

Not quite... you don't get a 50/50 shot at everything just because you have no observational data regarding the location you're arguing...

Do you also think the chances are 50/50 that there are bugatti veyrons at the center of each iceberg?

Without drilling, how would you know?

Spock_Finds_You_Illogical.jpg

• Upvote 1

I found it rather comical when Michael Bloomberg got called out last night on Nightline about all his anti gun bullshit but yet he has 24/7 police detail on him. She said people say it's easy for man to say all this when he has 24/7 police protection and how she had to go through metal detectors and everything to interview him he says of course I do she said well that's how people say school should be and then he says that's ridiculous you can't live that way.

I found it rather comical when Michael Bloomberg got called out last night on Nightline about all his anti gun bullshit but yet he has 24/7 police detail on him. She said people say it's easy for man to say all this when he has 24/7 police protection and how she had to go through metal detectors and everything to interview him he says of course I do she said well that's how people say school should be and then he says that's ridiculous you can't live that way.

Link?