200 Utah Teachers take free CCW class

Scruit

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nearly-200-utah-teachers-school-workers-attend-free-concealed-weapons-class/

Jessica Fiveash sees nothing wrong with arming teachers. She’s one herself, and learned Thursday how to safely use her 9 mm Ruger with a laser sight.

“If we have the ability to stop something, we should do it,” said the elementary school teacher, who along with nearly 200 other teachers in Utah took six hours of free gun training offered by the state’s leading gun lobby.

Utah ain't f'ing aroung!

I'm waiting for the shit to hit the fan after the first teacher that tries to fire at a threat ends up killing an innocent student instead.

I already see it happening. Shit like that scenario ALWAYS happens in America it seems. Nothing ever seems to work perfect.

You'll be waiting a long time. Utah teachers have had the option to arm themselves for the last 12 years and nothing has happened there.

I'm waiting for the shit to hit the fan after the first teacher that tries to fire at a threat ends up killing an innocent student instead.

I already see it happening. Shit like that scenario ALWAYS happens in America it seems. Nothing ever seems to work perfect.

Everything has a cost. 1 kid might get put down, but I am ok with it, in the name of saving 300 others.

Everything has a cost. 1 kid might get put down, but I am ok with it, in the name of saving 300 others.

That argument won't work with anti-gun folks. I had a debate with a friend from the UK who argued that all guns should be banned because of the 20 kids killed in Newtown. I pointed out that there are reported to be 2 million defensive uses of firearms every year and how many of those folks would be dead if unarmed. The repsonse? "So, you're saying it's ok for 20 kids to die then?"

If it saves 21 lives, yes.

That argument won't work with anti-gun folks. I had a debate with a friend from the UK who argued that all guns should be banned because of the 20 kids killed in Newtown. I pointed out that there are reported to be 2 million defensive uses of firearms every year and how many of those folks would be dead if unarmed. The repsonse? "So, you're saying it's ok for 20 kids to die then?"

This has been a common fall back for the anti gun people: "You're ok with 20 babies getting shot??" or some variation of that.... You can't argue with stupid people. If someone genuinely believes that because you own a firearm or support your right to own firearms that means you want children to be violently murdered, then there is no reasoning with them, and you might as well save your breath. I can't understand how they don't see that supporting legal gun ownership does not equal supporting the murder of children.

True, it wont. But I think any rational person, while taking the human element out of it, realizes that the body count will decrease if teachers were armed.