2 Apache Helicopters Engage a Platoon of Taliban

Gump

Once again......how is our freedom here protected by us being over there? Hooray.....we finally killed the one individual that was enemy #1, guarantee he has already been replaced. You cannot win against animals and subhumans like them, they are like cockroaches and too many Americans and allies have died for what gain? A few tactical nukes are the only long term solution, otherwise leave them alone on their turf. Let Israel deal with them, they are quite capable.

Actually, no he hasn't been replaced, because we've killed most of his successors. And their successors. That's actually what we've been doing over there for more than a decade, and we've done a really good job of it. Following that, we're trying to build infrastructure and a government strong enough to ensure that, once we're gone, a new cancer won't be allowed to spring up where we've just cut the old one out.

But tell me (channeling Condescending Wonka here), how again is Israel supposed to prevent the rise if militant, terrorist Islamist groups in Afghanistan again?

Have you even looked at how Wikileaks verifies its data? There's no way that they DON'T know what they're looking at.

Right, so if you picked up a neurophysics textbook that someone left laying around, you'd know exactly what you were reading...

Actually, no he hasn't been replaced, because we've killed most of his successors. And their successors. That's actually what we've been doing over there for more than a decade, and we've done a really good job of it. Following that, we're trying to build infrastructure and a government strong enough to ensure that, once we're gone, a new cancer won't be allowed to spring up where we've just cut the old one out.

But tell me (channeling Condescending Wonka here), how again is Israel supposed to prevent the rise if militant, terrorist Islamist groups in Afghanistan again?

Right, so if you picked up a neurophysics textbook that someone left laying around, you'd know exactly what you were reading...

Keep thinking and believing that we haven't made a cluster of things over there and here because of us playing wargames. They don't want our help or want us there, and they can't sustain a damn thing once we leave. No new government and no new infrastructure is gonna stick or work. And Israel is more than capable of getting the job done if they decided to do so, and if not, it isn't any of our concern. This is not our holy war, and we had legitimate intel stating that they were about to attack us and how they were planning on attacking us. George W Bush and his cowboys and cowgirls allowed this to happen and did nothing to prevent it. We will pull our troops out, and within 10 years the terrorist cell will be strong again........waste of lives, time, and money. All of our resources and money needs to be spent keeping us secure within our own country, ever notice how nobody has ever messed with Switzerland?

Keep thinking and believing that we haven't made a cluster of things over there and here because of us playing wargames. They don't want our help or want us there, and they can't sustain a damn thing once we leave. No new government and no new infrastructure is gonna stick or work. And Israel is more than capable of getting the job done if they decided to do so, and if not, it isn't any of our concern. This is not our holy war, and we had legitimate intel stating that they were about to attack us and how they were planning on attacking us. George W Bush and his cowboys and cowgirls allowed this to happen and did nothing to prevent it. We will pull our troops out, and within 10 years the terrorist cell will be strong again........waste of lives, time, and money. All of our resources and money needs to be spent keeping us secure within our own country, ever notice how nobody has ever messed with Switzerland?

Do you know how far away Afghanistan is from Israel? You're sounding more like an idiot with every post.

Do you know how far away Afghanistan is from Israel? You're sounding more like an idiot with every post.

I am just an idiot with a strong opinion, and I didn't notice until now how far away they truly are. :rolleyes: Us being there is/was stupid and pointless, regardless of my logistics faux pas. I am not alone in how I feel, as are those that oppose my view. And holy shit Apaches are bad ass, and so are the guys that fly them and make them bad ass.

So what I've gathered here is that America rules no matter what country we're whoopin, I want an Apache helicopter too, Jack Nicholson just says everything with more conviction than anyone, Haaji's are descendants of cockroaches, and Pokey should be on the news......got it

I am just an idiot with a strong opinion, and I didn't notice until now how far away they truly are. :rolleyes: Us being there is/was stupid and pointless, regardless of my logistics faux pas. I am not alone in how I feel, as are those that oppose my view. And holy shit Apaches are bad ass, and so are the guys that fly them and make them bad ass.

There is another nation in-between Israel and Afghan that will get their focus much more as well.

This should not be a conventional war. This should be fought by precision airstrikes, MI (Focus on HUMINT), and black ops. Then you would never even know what to bitch about, we'd spend billions less, and the nationals would be most of the bullet sponges.

We will leave, eventually. The UN will leave a peacekeeping force. That force will be picked apart by guerrilla tactics. Even if we are not there, civilization will not work there. They are too bull-headed about their religion being right and common sense not existing.

So yes, the right answer is to pull out completely. Fuck building their infrastructure or training them, they are just going to go back to listening to whatever religious nut is in charge and fucking donkeys once we're gone.

Once they act up again, none of this tactical nuke crap, turn the whole problem (Middle East) into a parking lot. Would set a nice "Don't fuck with us" precedent as well.

Edited by BDBGoalie

So what I've gathered here is that America rules no matter what country we're whoopin, I want an Apache helicopter too, Jack Nicholson just says everything with more conviction than anyone, Haaji's are descendants of cockroaches, and Pokey should be on the news......got it

That's about it in a nutshell. :D

Modern technology is incredible. Bet the Viet Nam vets wished they had such technology to work with.

Actually a tiny platoon but our guys took care of business. Thank God for that and the lives they did save. Cudo's to all serving over in the shithole but I do agree, we shouldn't be there in the first place. We got OBL so case closed, or it should be, imho.

Except for the part where by the time we got OBL, he was irrelevant. Do you all really think that all international terrorist planning against the US began and ended with him?

The intent of us going into Iraq was in response to OBL's orchestrated attack on the WTC. We were after OBL. We learned he was in Afghan and went after him there. We got him. Mission accomplished.

Of course there might be other terrorists plotting. But this isn't a crusade we're on. We need to draw down and gtfo. Too much money and far too many lives being lost over there.

The intent of us going into Iraq was in response to OBL's orchestrated attack on the WTC. We were after OBL. We learned he was in Afghan and went after him there. We got him. Mission accomplished.

Are you high?

Of course there might be other terrorists plotting. But this isn't a crusade we're on. We need to draw down and gtfo. Too much money and far too many lives being lost over there.

Right. Much better to wait until airplanes are smashing into buildings to start hunting/killing terrorist cells.