Looking for a minimum wage job! (Southwest)

Bitani

Still no luck.

But I think today I'm going to apply to as many pizza places as I can to be a driver. Does anybody have any contacts in the Dayton area to a pizza place manager or anything that could help to give me a reference?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd actually LIKE pizza delivery. Late nights, lots of driving music.

I'd start calling places near UD and Wright Patt - college pizza places are ALWAYS hiring drivers. Show initiative, call and talk to the manager/owner. Put on a suit, go interview. Look like you're trying to get into Harvard Law, you'll stand out from Timmy McGuinness in his tee shirt and jeans.

And as stated earlier, pizza delivery can be dangerous. Be aware of your surroundings, don't wear your Rolex to work, and only carry change for $20. If someone pulls a gun, they get free pizza.

Thanks for the offer Exarch! You'll probably be seeing me tomorrow.

And yeah, I've read some pizza delivery horror stories. And the fact that pizza places mostly don't even let you carry a weapon on the job.

Papa John's has told me that they put in for an MVR (the driving record for me) and if they get it back by tomorrow I could be at orientation tomorrow and driving by the weekend (for the Super Bowl, yada yada.)

Does anybody know how on an MVR usually takes to get back?

It can be done instantly. Paper copy usually takes a day or two.

Ah, I gotcha.

They just gave me a call and said they had gotten it this morning and it said it "Wasn't available." They had messed up one of the letters in my driver's ID.. and have to send it back through. :cry: I just want to work!

Well just be careful delivering....it's not 'Leave it to Beaver' time anymore. ;)

Can I at least hope for this on the job? :D

http://regretfulmorning.com/2009/12/wonderful-tip-for-the-pizza-boy-nsfw/

Edited by Bitani