Gun and ammo purchases being denied by the bank?

cOoTeR

1) The voice sounds foreign, not US. His use of English seems to be clumsy. In the UK (and other countries) it's common to say "Yes" or "right" while listening to someone, but that is not agreement, that just means; "I heard you". Americans typically don't understand that.

2) I bought several hundred rounds of 7.62 on my BOA card 2 days ago.

1) The voice sounds foreign, not US. His use of English seems to be clumsy. In the UK (and other countries) it's common to say "Yes" or "right" while listening to someone, but that is not agreement, that just means; "I heard you". Americans typically don't understand that.

2) I bought several hundred rounds of 7.62 on my BOA card 2 days ago.

So when someone asks "is that true?" The appropriate response is "yes (meaning "i heard you"). Doesn't fit to me.

Edited by cOoTeR

Bank of America is anything but a bank that supports Americans. They last the Government travel card account a few years ago. I jnust read 2 weeks ago about a gun manufactuer who's business had increased tremendiously in recent weeks. BOA froze the account and said it was because of the online sales transactions and that they were a gun company.

F*%$ BOA

So when someone asks "is that true?" The appropriate response is "yes (meaning "ivans heard you"). Doesn't fit to me.

I maintain that guy most likely doesn't know anything and used "yes' nervously why looking for information on his screen.

How would BofA know what you are buying? They only know the merchant name, if you bought ammo from WM it shows up as "Walmart $50" not "Walmart ammo $50" on their computers. The only way they'd know is if the merchant was known to be primary a guns/ammo dealer. I bought my 7.62 2 day ago from ammotogo, and a ton of 9mm last week from surplusammo. Why would they let those through?

Bank of America is anything but a bank that supports Americans. They last the Government travel card account a few years ago. I jnust read 2 weeks ago about a gun manufactuer who's business had increased tremendiously in recent weeks. BOA froze the account and said it was because of the online sales transactions and that they were a gun company.

F*%$ BOA

Don't get dragged into it without understanding it. BofA put a hold on transactions for a number of days due to unusual volume. This is not at all unusual. They then released the transactions. That's different from "freezing" their account. I've heard the vendor themselves say he was told it was because he deals in guns, but I have yet to see any proof of that. there's a reason hearsay is not admissible in court.

It seems to me that BOA changed their algorithm for watching purchases. Cards are shutting off or denying transactions in general. I've had to call twice since Christmas to check or fix it.

Yeah, getting another card or two. The American Express cash card is very interesting. Must try it.

I maintain that guy most likely doesn't know anything and used "yes' nervously why looking for information on his screen.

How would BofA know what you are buying? They only know the merchant name, if you bought ammo from WM it shows up as "Walmart $50" not "Walmart ammo $50" on their computers. The only way they'd know is if the merchant was known to be primary a guns/ammo dealer. I bought my 7.62 2 day ago from ammotogo, and a ton of 9mm last week from surplusammo. Why would they let those through?

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually can see what you are purchasing. When you call to dispute an item on your account don't they have the ability to see what was bought?

interesting: If true...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp

color me skeptical, but even if it turns out to be factual, WGAS?

Switch banks, it's not that difficult, I recently switched banks because I was tired of first merit's overdraft policies. They aren't gods, they are businesses, and if you take your business elsewhere, they will either adapt, flourish, or fail based on their policies.

Edited by magley64