Acts of kindness....

slingingchic

I agree.....being nice is contagious :)

It is! Unfortunately, it's just very rare these days which is very sad. It's kind of like a little while ago when I went to the grocery store and as I was pulling into a parking spot, I saw a very elderly man unloading his groceries. When I got out of my car, I noticed 5 people walk past him as he was pushing his cart back towards the store with his trunk still open. That made me mad. I walked up to him and offered to take the cart from him, even though I didnt need a cart. He was very gracious for that. The smile on his face said everything.

• Upvote 2

I dont know why but the greatest collection of nice and polite people are at the Troy YMCA. Everyone from the staff to the members that use it. It's borderline wierd.

Yes I know what you mean, they're a creepy kind of weird as well as the ones in Piqua. I am still a little weirded out by the foreign lady who sat in locker room and watched me changed, I didn't see her untill after I dressed. Seriously, wtf was she looking at? She was in the lounge part of the healthcare locker room. Just hope she didn't sniff her fingers after she got done ;) she was still in workout gear .....sweaty crotch :confused:

Did another great deed this week. My neighbor has had a really rough time as of late,she had surgery to fix a pinched intestine and has been on leave from work and we all know how much those FMLA checks pay. She has two teenage kids and called up asking if I had something she could make for the kids to eat she was out of stuff so I told he yes I'd bring something down and I ran to the store and bought her some groceries, she broke done in tears when I kept bringing in bags of food, even stayed and cooked dinner for them. We have known the family for quite a while I treat the son as one of my own seeing as his father isn't worth the air he breaths, hope he takes a lesson away from my act of kindness.

• Upvote 1

I found a wallet left in a grocery cart in the cart return with 700.00 cash,credit cards, id... in it the other day. I used my GPS to find the gentlemans house and went there to return it. He was not home, so I left a note on his door with my contact info for him. When he contacted me I gave him directions to my house so he could get his wallet back. He was so thankful that he was in tears. He tried to give me money as a reward for returning the wallet, but I told him not to worry about it. I had only wished that someone would have done that for me when I lost my wallet. He told me that the money in that wallet was all he had to live off of for the next two weeks.

• Upvote 1

I had an anonymous person pay my $60 food bill+tip(waitress refused a second tip) at some habichi grill near the Dayton mall last year. And a few other random anon bar/food tabs aswell over the past few years.

I've paid for someones gas one time and a few generous donations to down on their luck people.

Hey glass half empty guy....why don't you go out and do an act of kindness instead of being a buzz kill on one of the few positve threads.There are plenty of threads you would be right at home with your bitterness.

Maybe I DO do "acts of kindness". I just don't need to post them here in order to get an "attaboy" for them. I have more admiration for those who give anonymously than those who get on the news and give an interview because of it.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I DO do "acts of kindness". I just don't need to post them here in order to get an "attaboy" for them. I have more admiration for those who give anonymously than those who get on the news and give an interview because of it.

^^This.... posting these stories brings out the liars too so they can get an attaboy too

^^This.... posting these stories brings out the liars too so they can get an attaboy too

Assuming your aiming that at me from your previous statement... I'm pretty sure no one in this thread is looking for an "attaboy" it's just a group of people sharing a few acts of kindness they have done and others have shown them. I'm sure if anyone here wanted any real recognition they would go tell the news about their story...

I for one think a thread like this is much deserved considering the amount of threads posted about violence, criminal acts, and corrupt politics. I enjoy reading what good people have done here and how other people have helped them. If you cannot accept that then stuff it, no need to try and derail a perfectly good thread.

• Upvote 1

Nah if I wanted to call you a liar I would.... was just a general statement I'm sure you've seen stories posted and then people comment and post their stories then the yahoos come out with their off the wall far fetched stories about how they helped a one legged blind 93 year old widow cross a 20 lane highway to buy a can of monster

Nah if I wanted to call you a liar I would.... was just a general statement I'm sure you've seen stories posted and then people comment and post their stories then the yahoos come out with their off the wall far fetched stories about how they helped a one legged blind 93 year old widow cross a 20 lane highway to buy a can of monster

Understood.

True story.... After our business closed in the early '90s, my dad took a job at small community college as a counselor and instructor. When he was diagnosed with cancer, he pulled me aside and gave me a small stack of checks to mail at specific intervals. A few students who needed help thought that they had received scholarships, but it was he who was paying for their school so they would finish. They still don't know to this day. A great man. Cancer takes the best of them.

+rep, goes without saying.

sorry I only now saw this.

look up "awesome" in Webster's...:bow:

my Pop was awesome in his own way - i'm trying to be an awesome dad, too. so far, so good - but Derp Jr. is only 12 and still thinks i walk on water.. plenty of time for me to become an idiot in his mind. hopefully that doesn't happen, and if it does that time and reflection will fix that.

** edit:

.. then the yahoos come out with their off the wall far fetched stories about how they helped a one legged blind 93 year old widow cross a 20 lane highway to buy a can of monster

...it was only two lanes, douchebag. and i got to hit it, she showed how grateful she was. :takeit:

:D

Edited by jblosser