Picked up an HTC DNA & Samsung Galaxy 7.7

chevysoldier

My Motorola X2 went bonkers the other day. Booted into safe mode and wouldn't come out, random apps opening, camera taking pictures by itself, voice commands turning on, button lights not turning off with screen.... So I went to Verizon and because I wan't up for the upgrade, I'd have to pay full price. So instead I picked up a tablet and was able to get the discount price on the phone, still less than the phone at retail.

The DNA is pretty flipping sweet. Front facing camera, 4G LTE is fast, only had 3G before, better UI, great display, easy to customize the apps and layout. great picture quality.... I am definitely happy with it. I also got an Otterbox for it but pulled the plastic screen cover off because the screen lost a lot of sensitivity with it. I realize how crappy my X2 was now that I've been using this.

htc-droid-dna-366x251.jpg

The Galaxy 7.7 is pretty nice too. My daughter has been playing games on it and I figure we'll use it for finances, recipes, grocery list (linked across the phones too) and other things the laptop would normally get used for.

324782-samsung-galaxy-tablet-7-7.jpg

That DNA looks a LOT like my HTC EVO LTE for Sprint, with the exception of the red on the DNA, and the kickstand on the EVO. I'm betting they're the same phone. That said, the EVO LTE has been great, other than Sprint doesn't have LTE service in Ohio yet.

That DNA looks a LOT like my HTC EVO LTE for Sprint, with the exception of the red on the DNA, and the kickstand on the EVO. I'm betting they're the same phone. That said, the EVO LTE has been great, other than Sprint doesn't have LTE service in Ohio yet.

Yeah, I remember how much you said you liked your phone. We will have to compare them sometime. The LTE is quite fast, especially noticeable when loading the funny picture thread. Haha

Yeah, I remember how much you said you liked your phone. We will have to compare them sometime. The LTE is quite fast, especially noticeable when loading the funny picture thread. Haha

Too bad Sprint doesn't have anywhere in Ohio listed as getting LTE any time soon. Ugh...

That's ok, I don't use the mobile data all that much anyway, most of the time that I need much internet speed I'm around wifi anyway.

The new DNA has the ever so impressive LG 5" 440 ppi 1080p res. I wish AT&T had this phone. I really wish apple had picked up this display.