ReconRat

Stage One...

New York Times:

Court Rejects Obama Move to Fill Posts

Reuters:

Court rules Obama's appointments unconstitutional

"...violated the Constitution..."

“...an unconstitutional act...”

"...improperly asserting that he could make the appointments under his executive powers..."

"...The D.C. Circuit Court today reaffirmed that the Constitution is not an inconvenience but the law of the land..."

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

Just another cracker

:lol:

"On every question of construction [let us] carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it passed."

-Thomas Jefferson

He might of smacked a lot of hoes, but he knew what was up.

wow, The Atlantic actually quoted verse:

"He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made."

Which is King James 7th Psalm

14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity,

and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.

15 He made a pit, and digged it,

and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

16 His mischief shall return upon his own head,

and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.

The Atlantic article contains the history behind all of this.

Boston Herald

It is a real slap to Obama, whose rather broad definition of “recess” could have meant such appointments might be legally made even if the Senate took a long dinner break.

:lol: Edited by ReconRat

Since being ratified the first ten amendments commonly known as the bill of rights have remained intact but there is no mechanism in place that I am aware of that protects them from being repealed. Amendments have been ratified and repealed in our history so don't rely on an amendment to be there to serve you if you don't protect it. The people we elect to office in any capacity have meaning; the right to vote for representatives that will serve to protect our established bill of rights should be our vigilance.

Amendments are not natural or inalienable rights they are laws of the land and subject to review. I could foresee a time when given the right set of circumstances that several amendments could fall under review. I highly doubt that this will occur in my lifetime but I have lived through enough change that I don’t understand or never could have predicted that all bets are off.

• Upvote 3

Since being ratified the first ten amendments commonly known as the bill of rights have remained intact but there is no mechanism in place that I am aware of that protects them from being repealed. Amendments have been ratified and repealed in our history so don't rely on an amendment to be there to serve you if you don't protect it. The people we elect to office in any capacity have meaning; the right to vote for representatives that will serve to protect our established bill of rights should be our vigilance.

Amendments are not natural or inalienable rights they are laws of the land and subject to review. I could foresee a time when given the right set of circumstances that several amendments could fall under review. I highly doubt that this will occur in my lifetime but I have lived through enough change that I don’t understand or never could have predicted that all bets are off.

Worth quoting again for anyone that has you blocked (:lol) and just to reiterate.

No problem, just pass an executive order reversing the DC court decision...

Just kidding, not likely to happen. Nor is it likely to proceed to the supreme court.

The DC district court's decision was unanimous.

Both left and right leaning parts of the non partisan court agreed.

It's not likely that the supreme court would reverse that.

Stage Two:

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has announced he will propose a bill to “nullify” any of President Obama’s executive orders on gun control that give the appearance that the president is writing new legislation.

Separation of Powers Restoration and Second Amendment Protection Act 2013 (not found yet)

The bill intends to condemn the use of executive orders which undermine the powers reserved for Congress under the Constitution. It specifically mentions Article I of the Constitution which states, “All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States.”

Paul’s proposed legislation also declares “null and void” any executive order that “infringes on the powers and duties of the Congress under Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution and the Second Amendment.”

The bill also intends to prohibit funding for an “Executive Order Restricting [the] 2nd Amendment.”

Also found this from Texas:

H.R. 410: To provide that any executive action infringing on the Second Amendment has no force or effect, and to prohibit the use of funds for certain purposes.