Info on Galaxy 2 tablet

4DAIVI PAI2K5

I worked at Best Buy for a few months and had to play and sell them every day. They're outdated.

My suggestion (and I have it personally - it's great): https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb&feature=microsite&hl=en

As for keyboard, here's the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Keyboard-Keyboard-generation-920-003241/dp/B0054L8MR8/ref=cm_pdp_rev_itm_title_1 (Except I have the Android version.) It works great; no lag or anything. Just search for the Android version if you want that. They'll both work with each of them, it's just the special buttons that are OS-specific. (Menu, home, etc.)

There's not too great of a selection when it comes to 7-inch tablet cases with keyboards built in.

And for cases:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?keywords=nexus+7+cases&qid=1359420382&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Anexus+7+cases&sort=popularity-rank

Sorted by popularity. Just pick one with nice reviews - all tablet cases really have the same feature-set.

Edited by Bitani

Go with a Nexus 7. Not having to deal with manufacturer installed stuff on top of Android is a good thing, plus you're basically guaranteed to get the latest Android updates (at least until your device can't handle them anymore)

My daughter has a Nexus 7 she dropped it, costing her a pretty penny to fix since it messed up the touch part of the screen. They are fragile compared to the Galaxy Note 2 which is what I have and it's sturdy ;)

The Notes are freaking boss. The regular Galaxys are what are terrible, simply because they haven't been updated in a while.

I bought my parents each galaxy tab 2 7" tablets. They work great for the $179 I paid for them. Nexus costs more and you're not getting $70 more IMO. You can add memory to the tabs where you can't on the nexus.

Do the tab, she'll be plenty happy I promise.

I bought my parents each galaxy tab 2 7" tablets. They work great for the $179 I paid for them. Nexus costs more and you're not getting $70 more IMO. You can add memory to the tabs where you can't on the nexus.

Do the tab, she'll be plenty happy I promise.

It's $199 for the 16 GB version now of the Nexus 7.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

While we are at it. Thoughts on the Nabi 2 for the boy?

The Nabi is great for kids. They have a whole system of "Play these educational games and get points!"

Then they can spend those points for like Angry birds and stuff. Best part about it, imo.

For movies and stuff, I'd still get a regular tab though. Nabi lacks power, but awesome kid functionality.

You sold it to me on black Friday! :lol:

I thought I did, but I wasn't sure! :p Glad you like it!

Nexus it is then. Where can you get them at a retail store? Not seeing them at best buy.

I got my wife's straight from Google - shipped almost overnight from Kentucky. Just about everywhere but Best Buy has them - $199 for 16 gb, $249 for 32 gb.

The Nabi is great for kids. They have a whole system of "Play these educational games and get points!"

Then they can spend those points for like Angry birds and stuff. Best part about it, imo.

For movies and stuff, I'd still get a regular tab though. Nabi lacks power, but awesome kid functionality.

I thought I did, but I wasn't sure! :p Glad you like it!

He will be turning 2 so hoping it is something he can learn from for a while.

I got my wife's straight from Google - shipped almost overnight from Kentucky. Just about everywhere but Best Buy has them - $199 for 16 gb, $249 for 32 gb.

Thats what I'm realizing lol. BB is my go to place for electronics, guess they will be missing out now.

It's $199 for the 16 GB version now of the Nexus 7.

And you're stuck with 16GB. I can buy a 32GB micro SD and put it into a Tab and they're running Jelly Bean out of the box. So again, you're not getting more for paying more.

Microcenter and Walmart has them as well. The 16GB is plenty for most, with a $3 app and a $3 cable, you can READ data off of a USB flash drive (i.e. play movies, music). I didn't know this and got the 32GB...otherwise I would have picked up the 16GB.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer&hl=en

That's cool, until you leave the cable or USB at home on a trip. I'm not saying the Nexus isn't good. They're all pretty much the same, really. I look for things that aren't limited by their design because I fucking hate Apple products.