Nolan helmets

ohiomike

Time to look at getting a new bucket.

Anyone know about the Nolan N43E solid n-com helmets? I'd like to find a dealer nearby so I could try one on. With this cardo scala headset I am looking for a helmet that is quiet as well as protective.

Iron Pony sells them.

I've got two Nolans, I rather like them.

But I don't mind heavy helmets.

And yes, a bit noisy also.

But both of mine are open face w/polycarbonate shields.

btw, a lot of Nolan and Scorpion helmets are all polycarbonate, and not fiberglass.

That's where the weight adds up. But damage from dropping is a lot less.

Can't be much heavier than my HJC open face. And my helmet lets in so much road noice its hard to hear the cardo over all the racket.

Thanks recon, guess its looking like a trip to IP is in order. That Trilogy model of the N43E looks pretty nice too.

I had (have) a 103. It's a modular so it will be heavier and noisier but the convenience of the flip up is nice.

What I found out was that Nolan tends to run more round than oval and it would cause a pressure point above my forehead. It wasn't too bad on shorter rides but after a few hours it would tend to become a distraction. I've since moved to a Qwest and like it much better.

I have my Sena SMH-10 installed on it (as I also did on the Nolan) and like that combination.