Concealed carry

Casper

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3664.html

I didn't know they got ride of the "in plain site in a motor vehicle" part of the law. Sweet. No more confusion about weather to conceal or expose when on a bike.

Yep, it was good that they did. The concept of plain sight was so vague. Now it is much better and they have even specifically defined a motorcycle as a motor vehicle so you can carry on the bike.

HB 347 that passed on 3/14 is what made the change. Actually, we are allowed, by law, to open carry any place allowed. Meaning, I can tuck my shirt in and have my gun on my hip and not get in trouble. I dont do this cause I want it to be a surpise to "Joe Thug". I carry on bike all the time.

Anyone interested in CCW, the person who I took the class with was $100. Very knowlegable person on firearms.

PM for contact info

HB 347 that passed on 3/14 is what made the change. Actually, we are allowed, by law, to open carry any place allowed. Meaning, I can tuck my shirt in and have my gun on my hip and not get in trouble. I dont do this cause I want it to be a surpise to "Joe Thug". I carry on bike all the time.

Anyone interested in CCW, the person who I took the class with was $100. Very knowlegable person on firearms.

PM for contact info

The Open carry law is worthless.. If you open carry, you will most likely get charged with inciting a panic. (Quote directly from more then one police officer.)

PM for contact info

The Open carry law is worthless.. If you open carry, you will most likely get charged with inciting a panic. (Quote directly from more then one police officer.)

This is true. Inciting Public Panic is their catch-all for someone with a firearm.

If you are in a place that allows you to carry, no signs, and you are within your rights, by the law. You can not be charged with anything. You can be asked to leave because you make people uncomfortable, but not charged.

Check out Opencarry.com/org....talked about extensively.

i have a ccw license and i must say its hard to keep a firearm concealed on a sportbike.

What is your method of carry?[/quote:a5880]

i havent on my bike yet i would prefer on my hip since i use a fobus holster and can draw it quickly. I think for me inside the waistband may be uncomfortable on a sportbike but i have not tried that yet. So i thought about a shoulder holster for inside my jacket but would have to get to cover fast or shall i say faster since my draw would be longer to be able to readily use it. So would like to hear some ideas from you ccw bikers especially those who ride sportbikes.-

P.S. I will also ask some of the guys i shoot IDPA with during our next meet.

i have a ccw license and i must say its hard to keep a firearm concealed on a sportbike.

What is your method of carry?

i havent on my bike yet i would prefer on my hip since i use a fobus holster and can draw it quickly. I think for me inside the waistband may be uncomfortable on a sportbike but i have not tried that yet. So i thought about a shoulder holster for inside my jacket but would have to get to cover fast or shall i say faster since my draw would be longer to be able to readily use it. So would like to hear some ideas from you ccw bikers especially those who ride sportbikes.-

P.S. I will also ask some of the guys i shoot IDPA with during our next meet.[/quote:40f9f]

IWB works on bike for me. I've been doing it lately. Also, are you doing the IDPA match at Big Darby on the 28th? I missed the one last weekend due to weather.

no i mainly keep to the second saturdays of each month....went out to Briar Rabbit once and would like to go back out there again soon.

A few of us are headed up to Darby on the 28th, the 4th Sat one.

no i mainly keep to the second saturdays of each month....went out to Briar Rabbit once and would like to go back out there again soon.

Briar Rabbit is a good time. I used to hit their action pistol shoots pretty regularly when I lived in Columbus. I only made it down there last year for the Steel Challenge. Definately didn't bring my A game.

There is a big all steel shoot on May 26th that my buddy is running. Over towards Stuebenville I think. He makes some pretty sweet steel targets, including an automated system that is pretty much "whack a mole with a pistol."

P.S. I will also ask some of the guys i shoot IDPA with during our next meet.

Ahh, fobus. Fobus doesn't work well for me in terms of concealment, unless I'm wearing a large sweatshirt. I do use it for long drives and such. I'm IWB all the way. I think IWB or a high ride leather belt holster would be a far better option for concealment on a bike, especially with a riding jacket. I never really carried last year on the bike. I always complied with the law and kept it in a locked tank bag.

1) I would NEVER have a gun attached to my body while riding a bike. You go down and the gun fires accidently because you slammed the fuck out of it in your crash. Shoots you....you're labeled retarded and cripled.

2) Carry gun in passenger compartment.

3) I'm purchasing a GLOCK 22 .40 this summer. :thefinger:

Renagadmonk! You're:

zx12streetryder

Rookie

[/quote:009b1]

on the 12r site huh? You posted a thread wanting Clutch recommendation. :wink:

I'm the official :postcop::lol:

..and I got'cha for a request on the space waiting for ya. ;)

Damn I should be a detective! :eek:

1) I would NEVER have a gun attached to my body while riding a bike. You go down and the gun fires accidently because you slammed the fuck out of it in your crash. Shoots you....you're labeled retarded and cripled.

If you crash you may not survive anyway. When its your time its your time period. I believe if one is willing to carry a firearm it should be quickly accessible if not then why bother if you cant get to it. Dont know if you remember last year about the guy on the Honda CBR was ran off the road and robbed in Columbus. He had a diamond ear ring the assholes had ripped out of his ear, then took his money and wallet, and then jumped on his bike and took off for several blocks before abandoning the bike.

And thanks for the info on ZX-12.org greatly appreciate it. Everyone says stick with the OEM stuff but upgrade the springs.

No good under the rear seat....I might as well not have it. Do I make the villan wait while I access the key, open, weed though towels and crap to get the gun. Hip= easy acces.....btw Glock 27 .40 >