AMB Transponder wera, 250, hurry!

madcat6183

how is the battery life on the newer ones? Charging the day before common?

Do you have to register with mylaps to use it?

I'd rather buy a used one than rent; coming from RC, transponders hold their value unless you destroy them.

Wow, battery life is all dependant on how it was taken care of. Normally you charge to full the day before leaving, then can tune it up with the cig lighter. It takes about a day for a full charge from a socket so thats best. No you do not have to register, if you want to and its been registered its 40 I think, mine was free.

These hold value like mad. I paid what those were listed for, for an older version, however I saved 40 or whatever and was able to register for free.

Thanks, I really appreciate the help, the info will be useful when picking one up in the future. I wasn't sure about the battery because the site lists a 3 day charge and this guy was saying you had to charge it the night before.

Unfortunately,they just stopped responding after saying I'd take it and asking for their payment info.

It sucks AMB/MyLaps has timing cornered and can charge stupid high prices on this stuff and the Flex subscriptions are even worse.

You don't technically have to sign up. AS long as you have the transponder number for Todd it will register and you can still look yourself up on Mylaps.

FWIW, I would wait to buy one until you have passed race school and actually are racing. There's a lot of time left in the off season and just starting out this is probably the last thing to spend money on.

Lap timer would be more beneficial. Suspension, tires, good gear, all that comes first though.

Planning on doing race school the first weekend just to open the option of racing. Installed heavier front springs and a double clicker with the correct spring for the rear. Gear,I should be good, but I'd like to get a chest protector along with losing some weight so it fits. Tires, I have 2 sets of Q2's that probably have 4 track days combined life left followed by 209 GPA's. Also picked up a timer late last year. I'm pretty set on hardware at the moment, besides throwing racetech valves in the front and rebuilding the rear.

I just plan on knocking out the cobwebs early and see how it goes, and it would be nice to have the option of racing whenever.

How many track days have you run again? I forget. Maybe get with R1, RVT, and those guys and see about how they are running and when they plan to step up to racing and get a group together for it, makes race school more enjoyable than doing it solo etc.