AR rapid transition BUIS w/gas block options?

Helmutt

Sorry, but YES I'm still on the hunt for BUIS and trying to rationalize whether I should go rapid transition flip-ups OR offset adapters with standard high quality flip-ups. Was going to order a set of cheapies from Amazon or SG, but I'm having trouble finding RTS assemblies that acommodate a gas block that is lower than the upper rail, which drove me to search for the 45deg offset adapters so I could mount the taller front flippy. While there are a few other options to make the problem go away, which scenario would be best for my wallet and not compromise quality? Logic tells me the less mounting points/parts, the better, just for peace of mind in more of a stout mount. What would you do in this scenario?

Swap out the gas block with rail height version?

Is there a short riser available that would allow just enough lift to parallel the sights to the bbl? Haven't found any but, there again more points to fail if the weapon is dropped or struck, so I'm leary with this idea if it is an available item.

Quadrail the forearm to allow for parallel sight mounting? ( probably the simplest cure and may be the direction I take, but I'm new to this AR stuff and I haven't researched how much it would affect the accuracy if the quad floats TOO freely )

Anyone else us RTBUIS with this style gasblock?

I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to put on offset adapters to get standard BUIS. Gas block front sights are readily available that are taller to compensate for the shorter gas blocks on some weapons.

I just saved up the money to just buy a good quality set of BUIS, either MI or Troy. I've stopped looking and concentrating on finding a good deal on one of those two manufacturers.

You'll hear this saying alot...buy once, cry once and it's turning out to be true.

EDIT: I would not mount a sight to a hand guard...period. But that's just me.

I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to put on offset adapters to get standard BUIS. Gas block front sights are readily available that are taller to compensate for the shorter gas blocks on some weapons.

I just saved up the money to just buy a good quality set of BUIS, either MI or Troy. I've stopped looking and concentrating on finding a good deal on one of those two manufacturers.

You'll hear this saying alot...buy once, cry once and it's turning out to be true.

I really wanted the MI front flip ( gasblock height ) and the Matech rear flip, but offset from the optic. Didn't want anything fixed that I would have to sight through the optic, and standard flip ups would be ok yet take some time to flip up and reacquire the target. I guess I'm not completely stuck on rapid transition, just really prefer the idea.

EDIT: I would not mount a sight to a hand guard...period. But that's just me.

I'm with ya here, I'm not dead set against it but really rather a solid mount for ANY sight

sell the gun to me for 35 bucks.

Close.....but you're a couple zero's shy though :D

MI gas block sight. I've got their flip-ups front and rear, very high quality stuff.

That's the fore sight I'm wanting in conjunction with the Matech rear. But neither have the RT option without additional offset mounts, and that's where I'm on the fence. I really prefer the offset BUIS so I can have quicker acquisition without sighting through the optic, but it's not a "must have" idea......still weighing out whether it's worth the time/trouble refitting the weapon to acommodate the RTS.

Hoping someone here had experience or a current setup equipped with a gasblock mount

I don't know of anyone using RTS on an AR for CQ work. RTS are mainly used by 3 gun guys who need to shoot close and long range targets and utilize a 4x (or higher) powered scope.

What type of optic do you have mounted or want to mount? If you're using a 1x optic then I would obviously not bother with RTS and just co-witness. You have options for co-witness now with zero or lower 1/3 depending on the mount.

Troy Industries makes great sights, and they make their fronts with an option for lower RGBs.

As far as the offset sight idea, what is your reason for needing them? I can see very few practical reasons for them. If you're in a firefight and your optic goes down, the .5 seconds to deploy BUIS isn't terrible. A sidearm can be deployed about as quickly too.

Get an optic that co-witnesses with your BUIS. That way they can be easily deployed if needed without removing the optic.

Get an optic that does not utilize batteries. (Fiber optics/tritium)

Typical to my nature, I'm probably overcooking the idea. I was considering the offset BUIS to enable the quickest change possible between my Truglo RGB and iron sights, since I had seen the offset setups and thought what if my optic was shattered and rendered it useless to sight through, which was almost enough to justify having it. You're all probably right and I should just opt for the MI & Matech flips I originally wanted. 2nd guessing myself is usually a bad habit, but it does hold me back from impulse buys and saved me time to time.....it seems I rely more on the latter of the 2 :D