Looking for a Supermoto school in Ohio

OhioBob

Bark615,

For those of you interested in practicing at PIRC they changed the pricing a bit.

Here is the current 2014 practice structure per Haley McKay @ PIRC kart office.

Monday – Thursday 12 pm – 8 pm $30 for the day

Friday – Sunday 12 pm – 8 pm $50 for the day

We will be using a time schedule this year; rotating Rentals in with practice.

So does this mean I can come over any Friday,Saturday,Sunday and practice. Or are certain weekends booked for races.

Edited by Mj 88

Calendar was broken into two parts last few years.  North track (big stuff i cars and full size bikes) and Wilson Circuit (little stuff ie karts, minis, super moto).  They also have a large parking lot area for SCCA AutoX stuff.

Karts run CW at Wilson, bikes run CCW.

Looking at their site now, it seems all combined.  Hope that gets cleared up, otherwise, I recommend calling or emailing to make sure.

Chris

Edited by turnone

My favorite part at PIRC on my SM Is the tight left hairpin uphill heading towards the last left before the front straight. Full throttle, still leaned over and the rear tire squirming under duress the whole time. Just thrilling.

I don't remember a DQ, but I didn't race stock XR last year.

I dragged a toe there a few times. Definitely a fun part of the track.

The whole thing is awesome though.

And I may be remembering wrong, but I could swear the DQ was in the supermoto class. There was the red flag after someone crashed early, and then Scott Stump ran away with the race while the battle for second involved someone cutting the corner.

I dragged a toe there a few times. Definitely a fun part of the track.

The whole thing is awesome though.

And I may be remembering wrong, but I could swear the DQ was in the supermoto class. There was the red flag after someone crashed early, and then Scott Stump ran away with the race while the battle for second involved someone cutting the corner.

There was the crash between the NJ gentleman on his 150R and OMRL Yamaha 450F which fortunately happened behind me at the chicane on the first lap. Then the restart. I qualified second between Stump's CRF450R and Jeff's Aprilia 550. Jeff and I battled for second until he tucked the front on the brakes with me on his rear tire. This was last turn before the front straight. I felt proud I didn't run him over. Stump toyed with me a little letting me pull closer then he would pull away. I quickly realized this and backed off as I had no chance to catch and pass him. Finished second. I remember someone crashing over the hay bales at the end of the front straights. And everyone was jumping the curb after the chicane. Stump on both starts did this more than I thought was acceptable but this was just trivial as he would have kicked my ass taking the slow way through there. During the awards they informed me that I actually had the fastest lap of the race. Whoever came back on track in front of Jeff and I held us up and let Mr Stump get too far in front.

I don't remember any DQ's.

Edited by turnone