Checa!!!

Moto-Brian

BOOM!!! Pretty cool seeing that all I have heard in the 6 weeks at IMS is that the Ducati is shit and that Checa is in deep trouble... Nice to see he has it close.

PI WSBK Test 2013 - Combined times from Monday / Tuesday

1. Carlos Checa ESP Alstare Ducati 1199 R 1m 31.059s

2. Marco Melandri ITA BMW GoldBet S1000RR HP4 1m 31.237s

3. Leon Camier GBR Fixi Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 31.243s

4. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 31.261s

5. Michel Fabrizio ITA Red Devils Roma Aprilia RSV4 1m 31.350s

6. Jonathan Rea GBR Pata Honda CBR1000RR 1m 31.356s

7. Leon Haslam GBR Pata Honda CBR1000RR 1m 31.396s

8. Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia Racing RSV4 1m 31.452s

9. Davide Giugliano ITA Althea Aprilia RSV4 1m 31.640s

10. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Aprilia Racing RSV4 1m 31.658s

11. Jules Cluzel FRA Fixi Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 32.044s

12. Chaz Davies GBR BMW GoldBet S1000RR HP4 1m 32.077s

13. Glenn Allerton AUS Next Gen BMW S1000RR 1m 32.159s

14. Jamie Stauffer AUS Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 32.231s

15. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 32.625s

16. Ivan Clementi ITA HTM Racing BMW S1000RR 1m 32.789s

17. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Grillini Dentalmatic BMW S1000RR 1m 32.880s

18. Federico Sandi ITA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 32.964s

19. Alexander Lundh SWE Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 33.447s

20. Max Neukirchner GER MR Ducati 1199 R 1m 33.541s

21. Ayrton Badovini ITA Alstare Ducati 1199 R 1m 33.686s

Philip Island official WSBK lap records

Best lap: Carlos Checa ESP Althea Ducati 1098R 1m 30.882s (2011)

Race lap record: Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing RSV4 1m 31.785s (2012)

Dude WSBK is where it's at. I wish I was 1/10000000000 as cool as those dudes. I bet their balls hang to their ankles. My goal is to find out, tea bag to the face.

But for real, I love watching them, well really any racing, but these dudes are nuts. Would like to see an American get over ther again and do well though.

Dude WSBK is where it's at. I wish I was 1/10000000000 as cool as those dudes. I bet their balls hang to their ankles. My goal is to find out, tea bag to the face.

But for real, I love watching them, well really any racing, but these dudes are nuts. Would like to see an American get over ther again and do well though.

If we can just figure out how to watch them this year!!!

If we can just figure out how to watch them this year!!!

No shit. The Fox NASCAR channel sucks pus infected moose cock.

And that pic of Carlos carrying the horn mono did more for me than this 3rd cup of coffee I'm slurping to get me up. Can't freaking wait for the season!!!

Ducati sucks.

I know! The Panigale is going to fail and I can't believe Ducati would even try the design. It's too hot and it handles like shit.

:rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'll be riding an ill handing pile of shit this season also!! I also heard the same piece of shit model did rather well at the CCS opener in Homestead... I think 5th amongst some super strong competitors. Neyra said it was pretty damn fast.

Let's be fair - the Panni IS really hot.

As a race bike, I don't think that means dick. As a street bike, it can be a legitimate gripe.

Checa has the big twins figured out. Tire management FTW.

Have you ridden one yet or following what everyone says on the internet? Yes, it gets hot, but so does about every sportbike I've ridden in an urban setting...

We are addressing the complaints and have come up with some updated heat shields that should calm the masses, but at the end of the day, it is usually the guys that are riding in urban situations that complain the most. Guys that ride and use the bike in more ideal environments haven't had such crazy levels of issues...

Again, not saying you are wrong, but asking where you rode one to come to the conclusion...

Have you ridden one yet or following what everyone says on the internet? Yes, it gets hot, but so does about every sportbike I've ridden in an urban setting...

We are addressing the complaints and have come up with some updated heat shields that should calm the masses, but at the end of the day, it is usually the guys that are riding in urban situations that complain the most. Guys that ride and use the bike in more ideal environments haven't had such crazy levels of issues...

Again, not saying you are wrong, but asking where you rode one to come to the conclusion...

I rode one and you're right it's in an urban setting where it was really hot. Sitting in traffic the exhaust was blowing on my leg. Just had to change where I placed my legs is all.

I haven't ridden one. I was basing the complaint off the multiple motorcycle mag reviews that cited the heat as an annoyance, and the guy's thread (on another forum) who is riding it across the country. I was keeping a running tally of how many times he complained about the heat, actually.

I completely agree that the Pannigale has no business being ridden in city traffic, and that it's not designed for commuting; thus shouldn't be focused on the commuter.

Then again, I question who the target market IS for a bike like the Pannigale. Wealthy white male who probably doesn't ride that often? Therein lies the perennial problem. How do you sell a race-bred motorcycle to the masses who will never actually race one?

I really don't understand why consumers clamor for features they can't possibly use. I understand why Ducati has to make a bike that can compete in WSBK; just not why anyone would buy one with headlights.

I haven't ridden one. I was basing the complaint off the multiple motorcycle mag reviews that cited the heat as an annoyance, and the guy's thread (on another forum) who is riding it across the country. I was keeping a running tally of how many times he complained about the heat, actually.

I completely agree that the Pannigale has no business being ridden in city traffic, and that it's not designed for commuting; thus shouldn't be focused on the commuter.

Then again, I question who the target market IS for a bike like the Pannigale. Wealthy white male who probably doesn't ride that often? Therein lies the perennial problem. How do you sell a race-bred motorcycle to the masses who will never actually race one?

I really don't understand why consumers clamor for features they can't possibly use. I understand why Ducati has to make a bike that can compete in WSBK; just not why anyone would buy one with headlights.

So, everyone can use an R6? GSXR1000? ZX10R? RSV4? Wealthy? $18k vs $14k for a japanese cookie cutter bike? How about $11k for a 600? Not sure wealthy guys are the target. Unfortunately, they are part of sales and just like many expensive bikes out there, you will have a cult of people that really have no business riding them. But, I see a bunch of 848s and 1098/1198s at the track. Not everyone being wealthy that have them.

I'm not wealthy as compared to a lot of guys out there and I have one. Guess I am wealthy now. COOL!!

As for features, understand that we as a society are the driving force for these features. Mommy can't drive without ABS in her base model minivan. Daddy can't drive his bulky 4x4 truck without traction control.

Sport touring guys scream for ABS and traction control. Here's a tidbit. Of the units I have had dealers have issues with selling, 2/3 of that inventory are non ABS units. only a 1/3 are ABS units.

TC, ABS, different modes for riding/racing, electronic suspension, active suspension, etc. It isn't just the "wealthy man's" bike. The Ninja 300 has ABS...

The difference lies in the unit and how it works. Just having ABS is cool, but the Ducati ABS and TC is vastly different as well as the brain and things like the fly by wire system and related.

Society drives what goes on a bike. WSBK is a trickle down - not a reason to build a bike. Do bikes get developed to adhere to rules? Sure! Been that way for decades, bro. Wheelie control on an R1? Really?

Don't be so easily persuaded by the internet and try stuff for yourself. The world is going to pass you by, man. We aren't riding carbed bikes with 16" front wheels and inboard braking systems. Things change and if you really look, it's not just the wealthy guy bikes...

Oh, and annoyance isn't leg on fire... Annoyance is the clip-on position of a sportbike that puts a ton of weight on your wrist. Annoyance is the way your foot rests on the upturn mid pipe on a bike. Annoyance may be had, but what is the overall feelings towards the bike. The example of the guy going across country is a great example. He loves the 1199... Even with annoyances...