compression shirt recommendation

LongDogRacing

i'm looking for something like this: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-coldgear-game-day-compression-mock/pid1221708-400

but it needs to be oriented for the heat, not the cold.

specifically, something with the tall turtleneck that will help keep my leathers from chaffing my neck.

any recommendations?

thanks!

I've got a few of these--shorts, tee, skull cap--and they work great for wicking and cooling. Prolly not as rugged as the UA stuff, but less than half price when on sale. Don't know if you can get it with a turtleneck, tho.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/base_layer_long_sleeve_crew_neck_top/web1010130

i'm looking for something like this: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-coldgear-game-day-compression-mock/pid1221708-400

but it needs to be oriented for the heat, not the cold.

specifically, something with the tall turtleneck that will help keep my leathers from chaffing my neck.

any recommendations?

thanks!

Iron Pony had the Alpinestars tech tops on super closeout recently. I grabbed one and it works really well with my leathers.

Looks like they still have some. Here's a link

Dunno, but you might consider a high tech cooling shirt underneath.

None made in high neck, but long sleeve is available.

It is supposed to drop surface temp 10-20 degrees.

I've been thinking about trying it out.

Columbia Omni Freeze

http://www.columbia.com/Men%27s-Coolest-Cool%E2%84%A2-Long-Sleeve-Top/AM6580,default,pd.html

Old school for neck is to wrap a wet bandana around. It works.

Edited by ReconRat

Dunno, but you might consider a high tech cooling shirt underneath.

None made in high neck, but long sleeve is available.

It is supposed to drop surface temp 10-20 degrees.

I've been thinking about trying it out.

Columbia Omni Freeze

http://www.columbia.com/Men%27s-Coolest-Cool%E2%84%A2-Long-Sleeve-Top/AM6580,default,pd.html

Old school for neck is to wrap a wet bandana around. It works.

C'mon you are slipping. This only works when humidity is low. It is humid in ohio Player

I've got a few of these--shorts, tee, skull cap--and they work great for wicking and cooling. Prolly not as rugged as the UA stuff, but less than half price when on sale. Don't know if you can get it with a turtleneck, tho.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/base_layer_long_sleeve_crew_neck_top/web1010130

Forgot to tell you I ordered that stuff after you suggested it. Now if only whatever it wicks away wouldn't turn to instant icicles...

C'mon you are slipping. This only works when humidity is low. It is humid in ohio Player

I would think reasonably effective when moving with an airflow.

Not so much when standing still with no breeze.

Ohio isn't the high humidity we think. Lots of places are much higher.

Average Ohio Summer humidity is 80% in the morning and 60% in the afternoon.

I've been in tropical environments where you had to swim to get out of a building...

I would think reasonably effective when moving with an airflow.

Not so much when standing still with no breeze.

Ohio isn't the high humidity we think. Lots of places are much higher.

Average Ohio Summer humidity is 80% in the morning and 60% in the afternoon.

I've been in tropical environments where you had to swim to get out of a building...

I have had the priveledge of trying these shirts while cycling and at 20-25 mph most of my sweat was dripping off instead of evaporating. 60% humidity is too high for them to work

I have had the priveledge of trying these shirts while cycling and at 20-25 mph most of my sweat was dripping off instead of evaporating. 60% humidity is too high for them to work

hrmm, I was afraid of that. That means none of these shirts will do anything.

hrmm, I was afraid of that. That means none of these shirts will do anything.

Politely disagree. I wear 'em under mesh gear and they cool great as long as yer moving. Do agree you gotta have air movement to work.

EDIT: Also could see where shittygsxr has a valid point: if yer sweating more heavily than what evaporation can wick away, yer gonna drip. It's not particularly absorbent; doesn't mean it isn't cooling.

Edited by Bubba

I think they do a great job. Yeah, you still are not perfectly dry, but they help you stay cool and; more importantly to me, they help you get into and out of your leathers. I wouldn't be able to get out of my 1pc suit if I didn't wear a long sleeve heatgear style shirt, speaking from experience.

Last year we were out doing 6+hour rides on days when it felt like a hairdryer blasting in your face if your visor was cracked open. I switched to a long sleeve heatgear compression shirt right in the middle of that weather and never looked back. It was much more comfortable with the heatgear on then a drenched t-shirt under my textile jacket.

also, moto-d has some of the suits that are supposed to be good quality as well

You're in a leather suit (Hot), in Ohio (Usually hot), while doing strenuous activities (Also hot). You're going to be hot and sweaty. Drink water private.

UA and other style materials help wick moisture, but you leather perforations will be the limiting factor while riding. Compression gear helps muscles some as well.

I use the under-suit because it makes it way easier to get in and out of it, and the wind feels wonderful once you get the leathers off in-between sessions.

BTW, this comment was assuming you meant a full suit when you said leathers. If you mean street gear, just get direct airflow on the material and it works great. Almost too well when it isn't crazy hot out.

Edited by BDBGoalie

As far as your neck chafing, you can take a dremel to the rough areas to smooth them out, or have a smooth-side-out leather patch sewn on the collar.

yeah, i've had Alexa do all the appropriate alterations. i guess i just have issues with the way i position myself that chaffes. no worries now, the turtleneck should help, as well as provide some protection from the sun (which usually burns me pretty good after a race weekend.

You Army BDB?