Grattan 5/11/13

Hollywood33

Welp, since I have to miss the Motoseries first round due to god awful law school finals, The Murse and I will be headed to Grattan on Saturday, May 11th with STT. This way I can at least get one day in before round 2, and I freakin love Grattan! I look forward to stuffing The Murse and standing him up over and over again into turn 10. Also, I think they just resurfaced the entire track?! What?!

So the question is... WHO'S COMIN WITH ME??!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, since I have to miss the Motoseries first round due to god awful law school finals, The Murse and I will be headed to Grattan on Saturday, May 11th with STT. This way I can at least get one day in before round 2, and I freakin love Grattan! I look forward to stuffing The Murse and standing him up over and over again into turn 10. Also, I think they just resurfaced the entire track?! What?!

So the question is... WHO'S COMIN WITH ME??!!!

I think that I'll have to head north that weekend.

Sorry dude no go here either. I've got a later Gratten tripped planned with Craigypoo, we were going to talk to everyone about once the season started.

Weekend after July 4th, we are going for sure.

Well shit, dickbag, would have been nice to know this sooner! Its all good though, The Murse and I had gift certificates from last year that we had to use, and this is the first day I'll be able to get out and ride. Shit, maybe I'll go that weekend with you guys too.

I am thinking about going as well with STT.

I have never done Grattan and have heard and can be tricky to learn. I have been watching the videos and it looks like a fun track. How long does it take to drive up there, where do people stay, is there camping?

I think I might sign up for Novice on Sat. to take it easy and get a feel for the track. Then run I on Sun. Do they normally run the same direction or do they switch it up?

The schedule should be live on STT's site and I believe when I glanced a few weeks ago it was cw on Sat and ccw on Sundays for most of the season.

The track is one of the more difficult tracks in the country based on what some of our pro riders we bring in to test have to say. But it is also one the more fun tracks as it feels like you're driving your own rollercoaster with the sweeps and drops.

My parents live in the Beavercreek area and it's about 4.5-5 hours to Grand Rapids and about 20-30 minutes to the track beyond that. I don't have any hotel recommendations as we are based too close, sorry.

Well shit, dickbag, would have been nice to know this sooner! Its all good though, The Murse and I had gift certificates from last year that we had to use, and this is the first day I'll be able to get out and ride. Shit, maybe I'll go that weekend with you guys too.

That was the idea, get Murse and all the MS guys to go. I already talked to Dubguy he's out, wifes birthday weekend, but we wanted to get a good showing.

And Im not the dickbag, CRAIG is the one that gave me this date and told me we were going. He's kinda like my race-wife, and makes all my decisions.

I can't make the May date, as the Mrs has a shindig planned that weekend for my 40th. But once I go look at the July schedule, maybe that weekend after the 4th is doable. I've not yet been to Grattan, and would like to check it off the list, at least. And any track day with Madcat is good for at least some trailer time with a happy ending.

Yeah dude, if you've not been there, trust me, its a MUST. Even if it's the last track you ever ride, well besides Mid O since it's so close.

But yeah, we have a ton of family plans around the 4th, but being a weekday, we just can't take time off work with the baby coming etc. So plan is to leave Friday after work, get up there about 10-11, ride Sat and Sun both, and come home Sun PM.

Note about Grattan for those looking into this and riding Sunday, you CANNOT always leave the track during the event. They only open the gates at lunch, and when we were there 1 other time because a corner worker got called into his real job and had to rush out. They then opened it starting at like 3 or 4 a few times between sessions, I think. Nate can probably give better info.

I can't wait to butt rape you Hollywood.

I am thinking about going as well with STT.

I have never done Grattan and have heard and can be tricky to learn. I have been watching the videos and it looks like a fun track. How long does it take to drive up there, where do people stay, is there camping?

I think I might sign up for Novice on Sat. to take it easy and get a feel for the track. Then run I on Sun. Do they normally run the same direction or do they switch it up?

You'll love Grattan, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite track. It's challenging, but that's what is so fun about it.

Takes me just about 5 hours to get there from Cleveland, and we usually just camp at the track. Although it can get rough sometimes up there as far as weather in April/early May, and towards the end of the season in October.

All signed up! Can't wait to get out there! Guess I should get off my ass and get my suspension done and my leathers repaired. I will be on fresh rubber this time my friend also, I am going to try to man up and not be the stereotypical liter bike guy who brakes way too early into one .

All signed up! Can't wait to get out there! Guess I should get off my ass and get my suspension done and my leathers repaired. I will be on fresh rubber this time my friend also, I am going to try to man up and not be the stereotypical liter bike guy who brakes way too early into one .

Hey I talked to Pegrams Thursday, they were in Daytona but he was calling me back this week with a quote. I talked to AFJ also, and their quote was real reasonable. Pegrams is just 5 mins from my house so makes the most sense...

That's the plan, we'll have my TH and should have plenty of room depending who all comes. then again we know Hollywood likes the Chateau de canvas and his special time with you.

don't be hating now John just 'cause you're jealous. I'd love not to have to haul the chateau up to MI.

don't be hating now John just 'cause you're jealous. I'd love not to have to haul the chateau up to MI.

Marty, we'll save you a spot, even if its a cot in the garage, I have a premium cot I got last year and it's dope. Actually you could ride with someone too, from Cle, I know Craig is going and I think plan is to try to get a good group from CLE area to go, Murse and myself and maybe Cox from Cbus, and head up there.

We may sleep pretty deep in the TH but that's okay, it's what it's for. Just plan to stay with us.

I may try and make this.. I'm doing Barber Disalvo School the last weekend of April, so this is only 2 weeks after.. but maybe I can bribe my wife with some sweet man lovin from me to let me go.

Isn't this weekend after or before wifey's Bday or something tho dude? Get the smack down if it is!