Shad Motor Cases

Hoblick

wanted a new top case for the Multistrada, my old one worked well, but i wanted something a tad bigger, was dead set on a Ducati Top Case, then started exploring other options because i couldnt see spending $670 ona top case jsut because it said Ducati on it.

Coocase, a little to much going on with them for my liking. alot of reflectors and gadgets (on a top case why do you need a remote to lock and unlock?)

Givi, quality products, but again they are a little to overly flashy, alot of red reflectors, lights and nonsense. Although i like the mounting system they have, which would allow me to hold more weight in the trunk.

and Shad, a spanish company that has been around a little bit, and really has just started to make a name for themselves in the last 5 years in the US. I have seen shad cases before, and the quality was there. So i checked out some of the new cases they have out.

came across the SH48 and just loved the look of the case, and the function. will hold 2 large full face helmets in it, has a better profile than the GIVI, and is cheaper to boot. I love the latching system, and the fact that you dont need the key to latch the lid closed ( i sometimes would leave my key in the lock on my old bag and ride off with it dangling), a simple push of the lock pops the handle up and then just pull up on a lever to open the case. The key is needed to full remove the case from the mount though. They also made a mounting kit for my bike, nice clean design and fit and finish is top notch. I also ordered the backrest pad kit for it, it came ith an upper and lower pad, but after the wife tested it out, the lower pad was affective for her, so i didnt install it. Also the Shad is the lightest 48L case on the market, which is a plus, the less weight up top the better.

I ended up calling shad direct, and they gave me a great price on the whole setup which was way below the price of a GIVI setup.

i ike the way it looks on the bike and im sure it will function even better. Hopefully ill get a chance to test it out here soon.

74D724C7-F43B-474F-8C27-2C01EA01F6BD-2278-000001090EC496CF_zps115b846f.jpg

A6C31FD9-9695-44FF-B771-4594D6488855-2278-0000010904B6262D_zpsd4fb9b5a.jpg

Edited by Hoblick